Thread: Um yeah!! Weird behaviour

Default Um yeah!! Weird behaviour

Hi Ladies,

There is no other way to put this but I think Miss E (13 months) is dry humping!!!

She has been doing this for a few months and it is getting worse. I do feel really uneasy with in and I move her or distract her when I see it.

I have heard of boys doing this but not girls.

Anyone?

I don't know how common it is, but I do know it happens.
    A friend of mine was a prep teacher and she once had a little girl in her class who would sit on her own foot and rock.
    That's all I know, sorry I can't be more helpful

i'd probably just ignore it, she's just feeling things that are new and nice.. i'm sure she'll back off after a little while xo

From what i've heard it's natural, most girls go through it and there is no set age DD1 knows it tickles and every now and then i see her touching it (when i change her nappy etc).
    DP's niece was about 4 and her mum used to have to put a blanket over the pram and let her 'finish' what she was doing in private, if she didn't she just kept putting her hands down her pants.

I guess it's a new sensation and kids at that age explore a lot, i would just ignore it or distract her without drawing attention to what she's doing, if she's making it sore at all then i would maybe check with the MCHN or Dr and see if they have any suggestions.

GL, it does make you feel very uneasy though doesn't it.

Both my girls giggle when we wipe them down there when changing their nappy... which can be a little embarrassing depending on where we are at the time!!!

I'm sure while its not overly common behaviour - it is normal.

Hi, my DD1 does exactly the same thing. I was even going to post a thread about it myself. I have never come across anyone else in the same boat. I don't have much advice except distracting her, which is really hard when they do it in thier bed before they go to sleep. I'm sorry to say that my daughter has been doing it from a very young age and i thought once she was out of nappies she would stop, unfortunately she is nearly 4!!!! However she does seem to be doing it alot less lately. I've just come to the conclusion that she will stop eventually. The only real advice i can give you is what ever you do don't put a name to it, as unfortunately i said once "Stop humping" and its stuck, that is what she's called it ever since, "sorry mummy i was just humping" or "i just want to hump" if you get my drift, not my proudest parenting moment i must say!!!gl

Ummm...*puts hand up*...I was one of these children.

My parents just explained it was normal but to do it behind closed doors etc.

I grew out of it, but it exasperated my mum at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcadia View Post
    My parents just explained it was normal but to do it behind closed doors etc.
    This is the advice I have come across before and what I will use when DD1 is old enough to worry about (she is 2 at the moment). I believe it is very common and is very normal. My DD1 has been 'rubbing' herself against the seat belt buckle in her car seat since she was about your DDs age. I pretty much ignore her although I have in the past asked her what she was doing - out of interest to see what she would say. In the early days, she said "I'm rubbing", now she answers that she is "doing a poo" ????

In some ways I see it as a normal part of developing a healthy sense of self and sensuality. Working out how your body works. It's just a pity in children it is in public as they don't know better. I really don't want DD to develop the idea that what she is doing is wrong but I also want her to understand that there is a time and a place...

Thanks everyone for your replies. I called the MCHN and she says that it is normal and to use distraction. I must say she is very pre-occupied with it and we are trying to ignore it.

One thing I am worried about though is that she isn't walking yet (my others walked very early) and she seems to be more interested in her little habit than trying to walk. She is walking around furniture and even stands by herself. But unlike her sisters she just isn't interested!!! I guess this the part that concerns me the most