Thread: What does your 4 year old weigh?

Question What does your 4 year old weigh?

Hi all,
    I was just wanting to know what your 4 year old weighs? My DS weighs between 14 - 15 kilos according to my scales and i'm not sure if thats reasonable normal? I am taking him to the health nurse next month for a weigh in but i find sometimes they make you worry more often than not and make you feel like your child is rather overweight or underweight. So i guess i'd rather hear from you guys first. I am a typical mother and worry alot! haha!! He is not very tall but not sure on his height yet. I get told he is little though. Thanks in advance!

At my DS's 3.5 year check he was 16kg, so your DS sounds pretty normal. Don't worry about heights and weights anyway, they all develop at their own pace.

My DD is 3.5 and she is 17kg but she is a bit under weight cause she is so tall(110cms). She's skin and bone but no doctors seem worried at all. People just mention she is slim.

from what I can remember thats about what DD1 was at that age but she is also very tall so she looked skinny ( she still does not a ounce of fat on her but eats like a horse ) As long as he hasnt droped weight on the graft thats all they care about its when there is a drop say from 50% to 25% ( this is what DD2 did at 8 weeks ) this is when they start asking questions but nothing bad they just want to see why there is a drop...

I am sure he is fine I would like to say no need to worry but like you said your a mum its what we do !!!!

Paige is 4 on Friday and has weighed 16kg for the last 18mths. She keeps getting taller though - she is only 5cm shorter than Erin now at 106cm, so she is really tall and skinny LOL - I just hope she stays like that and I can live vicariously through her as a teen and let her wear the skinny jeans I could never wear .

She eats like a horse, she is just skinny.

DD1 weighed 13 kgs for about 18 months. She finally started putting on a bit of weight a bit after she turned 4 & now at 6 is 18 - 20 kgs.
    He sounds fine to me.

Matilda turned 4 last week and is 14.5kg. HTH!

I can remember doing weights with my kindy class years ago (they were 5)and their weights varied from 12kg- 40kg!!!
    My DS is 2 and weighs 15kg but he's petty chunky.

My DD is 4 1/2 and she weighs 24kilos. She is 125cm tall thou. from birth she has always been above the 100 percentile. I was worried that she would stand out at kindy but she blends in as they are all different sizes.

My DSD is 4 1/2 and she weighs 22 kilos.

Thanks everyone for making me feel better. haha! I dont normally worry about much to be honest but for some reason lately i have. Maybe i have just had alot of people tell me lately how small and skinny he is but they grow at their own pace and it all pretty much evens out in the end. I have my DS jay who is tiny, my DD tahlia who is 21kilos at 6.5 years old so totally average and little ella who is not so little at the moment, 7.5 months and 10.5kilos. So that goes to show how different they all are. Thanks again..

My DS is 4 1/2 he weighs 19.9kg

curl Guest

My DD1 is around 14.5kg and she'll be 4 next month. DD2 is 12.5kg and she's 2 1/2. DD1 is skinny and has always been this way. She's just so active that no weight sticks to her frame. DD2 has a belly on her but the rest is thin like her sister.

My MIL told me that one of my BIL's told her that he believed DD1 to be malnourished so I can understand how others opinions affect how you view your children. She is NOT malnourished in the least. She eats lots of food throughout the day (she's a grazer) but is always on the go. Too many people make comparisons to what they perceive as the 'norm' and in my BIL's instance, it was his comparison to his daughter who was always getting comments from doctors that she was overweight as a toddler.

curl that is not nice at all what your BIL said. Their build is their build and at that age they are running around burning off everything they eat. I guess there really is no "norm"! Goodluck with the rest of your pregnancy!

curl Guest

Thank you MellyH for your words of encouragement.