Thread: what to dress a newborn in at summer time??

Default what to dress a newborn in at summer time??

hi there im a mum of 2 and baby no 3 due 24th dec but booked in for c section the the 17th im a littl unsure what to dress baby no 3 in as both my other babies were winter babies so just after a litlle advice thanks

Sarah

nappy and singlet lol light cotton jumpsuits depends on how hot it gets where u are coz they might be wrapped so only get light cotton or muslin wraps hope that helps

:yeahthat:

Just a nappy and singlet, and wrap bub in one of those really thin muslin wraps.
    Also if you plan to BF, keep a blanket handy to put between you and bub's skin, so both of you don't get all sticky and sweaty!

DD2 was born in November in Brisbane, I found a lot of the time she was in singlets and nappies and muslin wraps. We were both very warm for the first 3 months and if she was in a sling then she was just in a singlet and a nappy. HTH!

I used singlet suits (so press studs in the crutch) on DD during summer. I liked that they didn't ride up when DD wriggled around. We used muslin wraps a lot too and if we had the aircon on, I used a .5 tog sleeping bag from 10 weeks onwards.
    Last edited by Taurean; July 16th, 2010 at 12:37 AM.

DD wore singlet and nappy. I also wrapped her in a muslin wrap when the aircon was on or had it draped over my arm when I was feeding her so we wouldn't get hot and sticky.

Default what to dress a newborn in at summer time??

I second the singlet suits. Easy to get the wind up when rubbing bubs back.

Singlet suits, t-shirt onesies, short sleeve/short leg jumpsuits, cotton jersey and muslin wraps depending on how cool it gets at night. Cotton lightweight jackets and long leg pants over the onesies for the cooler days as well. Nighties are also good for nighttime.