Thread: when to change over to a quilt and pillow?

Default when to change over to a quilt and pillow?

My little boys is 19 months old.

He's been 'weaned' off his grobags over summer and now sleeps with a sheet and blanket.

Just wondering about winter and whether it's time to buy him a quilt?

What have you guys done?

Also...when do you think is a good time to get a pillow?

He's still in his cot...doesn't try to climb out so don't really see need to change it into a toddler bed yet.

Thanks guys!

DD is the same age as your son. She's been out of her sleeping bag for about three months and since then I've had her under a quilt. I encourage her to "get under the covers" and she really enjoys that part of her night routine and feels very proud of herself. Often when I leave her she's back out from under the covers and standing up waving bye bye to me but when I check her later she's back under her quilt so I know she can do it herself which is good.

She's had a pillow for a lot longer - maybe 10 months but I'm guessing a bit. I started using it when she had a cold and thought the elevation would be good and used one of our full-size ones because I didn't have a special smaller cot one. I never bothered taking it out again probably because she looked so cute with her head on the pillow! Not a great reason I know.

we have just in the last few weeks moved ds from bags to a sheet and blanket (which he loses from about 9pm LOL). we will use a pillow soon as i notivce he loves our pillows in bed.. and i think a quilt/light doona for winter (also maybe he will like this more than sheet and blanket??). he is 18 mnths.

Aiden has had a pillow for about 5 or 6 months maybe, and, has had a quilt since he has been in his big bed, for about 2 - 3 weeks. He sleeps much better with it on, must like the security, so, on warmer nights, i keep a fan going in his room. He can also pull the quilt up himself. Often, i have found him on our bed, snuggled up under our quilt...

They recommend quilts not before 2 yrs here in Holland. Not sure why, apparantly it can get too hot and they can crawl under them, but I guess that goes for blankets too.
    Hope this somehow helps...