Thread: Whooping Cough only vaccine???

Question Whooping Cough only vaccine???

Can I get one for Harmony???

We are delaying vacs, but have a massive outbreak of whooping cough up here, and am waiting for a call back from some public health dude to let me know if he can get her one.....
    My girlfriend called and there are a few cases of it at her sons preschool already, and we are having a B'day party for our now 3 yr old this weekend...... so with lots of other kids around, I'd like Harmony vac's for it....
    (none of my kids are in care though)

Here is a similar thread from a week or so ago.http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/vacc...ml#post1679335

Sorry i am not sure of the outcome, if anyone was able to find it....... good luck.

He just rang back then... and was sooo rude!!!

Told me how all the vacs are 100% safe and have all her vacs immediatly.

I told him I see no reason why an 8wk old breasfed bub needs a polio, diptheria, hep b, or tetnus shot just yetand I wished they were seperate and spread out more instead of shocking the system the way they do. He completly ignored me and spoke over the top of me, and said if I want seperate ones to go to America!!!

But anyway, I cant get it... the only way for her to have it is the big combined one....

What a jerk.

When Dad had his booster the other week, i am pretty sure it was combined with tetnus. Is that an option ?

Do you have a good Dr near by you can ask?

There is a good one in Hurstbridge i have been recommended who is supportive of not vaccinating, homeopathic vaccs, or full vaccination if that is your choice...... Not really sure what state you are in though......

what crap!! i just spoke to my MIL and she is bringing down the vaccine for DH from NSW in a few weeks! its by its self too, no tetnus

I had mine last week and it is either combined with tetanus and polio, or just tetanus. Not sure if its' the same for kids.
    Im in the process of getting all my DS carers (grandparents etc) to get the booster, as it's recommended in Syd at the moment. \
    Also they say in most cases, it's adults who pass it on not kids and that's why they're pushing for adults to have boosters asap .xo

You CAN get them seperately - you just need to find a GP or hospital willing to get them for you. You may also have to pay for them.
    It is a HUGE PITA.

I have a doctor here who will do it, he is Pom who gets them from Europe, totally against the ****tail.
    Im not sure if he would be any help for you, but if you pm me I will give you his contact details and you can see if he can point you in the right direction, or even hook up with your GP and go through him to get it