Thread: Why did she do this??

Butterfly_Princess Guest

Default Why did she do this??

Hey
    DD just did the weirdest, scariest thing. She has done it about three times now since she was born, and im getting a bit worried something may be wrong with her..so any insight will be greatful!
    I had her in her rocker, and she just all of a sudden went all tense, red in the face, and made a sound like she was straining, but it took her breath away. It was kinda like she was in a LOT of pain. She isnt straining coz what she just did was a once off..
    She stopped when i picked her up and seemed to be okay afterwards, and seems to be okay now..chatting away to me and smiling at me in her rocker..
    But im just a bit curious to know what it COULD be, or if it is something to be concerned about??

Thanks in advance

Sounds like pooing to me. If she didn't actually do one, she was probably trying. At that age it is often easy to see when they are trying!

Meg, she's been having the issues with crying as well? Honestly mate, I would see a chiropractor or Gp or someone soon to have her assessed. I found chiro's to be super helpful with pain, and your family GP should have this on record just for future sake. Matilda was diagnosed with reflux at 6 weeks and hers was diagnosed because she had burns down the back of her throat. its worrying, but what she is doing seems alot like what Matilda did as a bub.

Butterfly_Princess Guest

Thanks Christy i have booked her into a chiro just this moment i thought it might have something to do with it, but just wanted other perspective

BTW it does sound like what they do to get a poo out, I didn't even think of that. But Matilda used to do that as well as back arch when she was going through bad reflux pain.

I'm glad you are booked in, hopefully little Izzy can get some help & Mummy can get a rest. Oh! After the chiro appt don't make any plans, go home for the rest....