Thread: would their weight be any different?

Default would their weight be any different?

Hi all,
    I was induced with one of my sons and the second was a planned CS at 38 wks. Before I was pregnant with my first son i weighed 52 kilos and im about 5 foot 4. Anyway when i had my first son at 39 wks he weighed 9 pounds and 14 ounces. My second son was born at 38 wks and he weighed 8 pounds and 12 ounces. I have always wondered if i wasnt induced and i went full term with both boys would they have weighed much more? Surely they couldnt have gotton much bigger!

Wow, you do produce big bubs!!! IMO they would have got a little bigger but not too much, maybe a few more ounces. Your body won't grow a baby it can't birth, the wonder of mother nature.

I had DS at 37wks 3 days and he weighed 8lb 3oz, the MW said he prob would have gone to close to 10lb if he had gone to term!!! Both DDs were born on their due date and weighed 8lb 7oz so I do have big babies. I am 5"4 too and weighed 63kg at 9 months pg with both the girls. (I wish I still weighed that LOL)

They definitely would have been bigger, but probably not much. My second DS arrived 3 1/2 weeks earlier and was exactly one pound lighter than DS1. I dread to think how big he'd have been if he'd gone another 4 weeks!