thread: wraps for sleeping

Add 1MOREPLZ on Facebook

Jan 2008
    sydney

wraps for sleeping

ok....
    DS is wrapped every night...we currently use a kiddopptumus wrap (which he can escape his arms if i don't safety pin one part) so is safety-pinned aswell, he can escape muslin wraps..BUT if he isn't wrapped he will wake numerous times during the night.
    My question is.... the wrap we have only goes up just over 9kgs..he is getting to BIG for this wrap..what am i going to do??? last night i did try a muslin wrap and wrapped one arm only and he did sleep...but i really would like to continue wrapping him..but i am at a loss as to where to get a wrap (not just a muslin wrap but a wrap/coccoon thingy) for bigger kids...
    any ideas??

Jan 2008
    Euroa, Victoria

The wraps which I used were the stretcy type ones from kmart or big w. I never had one of the already made type ones. They are rectangular and I would fold the top long edge over about 2 inches and then pop him on. Bring the left side over and tuck it tightly under his arm andround his body then wrap the right side around as far as it would go. It was nice and firm and he never escaped. If Flynn wanted to still be wrapped I would still be able to use these types and he is over 10 kgs now.
    HTH

Add 1MOREPLZ on Facebook

Jan 2008
    sydney

lol i have tried EVERY way known to man...in wrapping...he escapes...he has this kind of 'body fidget' thing he does..and he can escape...even if i tie the ends of a flat wrap together!!!!!
    am thinking i could make a bigger wrap/coccoon thing like his kiddopptumus...but not to sure how my sewing skills are..well they are ok..BUT it might not last long...

Jan 2008
    Gold Coast

I'm still pregnant so don't have experience with wrapping yet, but a good friend of mine recommended a book called "Baby-Gami" which is meant to be fabulous to show you all different ways to wrap the little wriggle bums!

I have ordered one from Booktopia online for around $22.

Other than that..sorry I can't help.

Bel

Jan 2008
    In a land of bubbles and trouble

Kat, I used to use a cotton cot sheet for Riley when he got big - he loved being wrapped and didnt fight it much - so could maybe try that but it is not Jack-Houdini proof though

Feb 2008
    Melbourne

Maybe you have yourself a business idea here!! I've been looking for one also

Add 1MOREPLZ on Facebook

Jan 2008
    sydney

SamiH..i tried a cot sheet afew nights ago....NOT a goer!!! he escaped in about 10mins.....
    i have found a wrap thingy online..that is sizes 0 & 1 BUT they have hoods on them...was thinking i could cut the hood off and sew that edge down????

May 2006
    Sydney

I found large sized white wraps from BIG W to be big enough and i stumbled upon very big wraps at kids central which i bought to cover the pram one time we were out and about and dd fell asleep. It was $20 though..which is alot for a piece of cloth. You can try making your own or we use flat sheets at work with the toddlers who are still wrapped. U fold it at the top, place them in the middle, ensure there hands go in the folded part and wrap them, then u tuck the ends in. They r nice n snug and sleep for ages. I personally, stopped wrapping DD when she started getting herself out.(about 5 months)..but she slept well without being wrapped so i guess thats why i just went with what she wanted to do..

May 2008
    Melbourne

i was also going to sugest making one yourself, maybe out of strechie kinda material so you can get a nice tight wrap! thats what we used for DS. i hate to say it but maybe its time to stop wrapping him if he is really trying to get out. i stopped wrapping Ds around 5 months, and even though he loved being wrapped he kept escaping and it was driving me crazy having to re-wrap him a 100 times a night! i put him in a gro bag and had 2 tough weeks, but havent looked back, he sleeps even better now.

Mar 2008
    Nth West Melbourne

The BEST wrap BY FAR I ever used was also the easiest. I bought a big chunk of stretchy kind of micro-fleece material from spotlight and cut it to big sizes. You could stretch it nice and tight, and it was WARM. It has to be the nice thin micro fleece with lots of stretch.