Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Favourites on the BBQ

hey .. I do bbq veg ie thin sliced zucchini and eggplant, capsicum, mushroom, red onion, sometimes v thin sweet pot slices, marinate them for a little while like 5mins to half and hour in a good splash of balsamic , olive oil , fresh ground pepper and salt. These also taste v g cold in salad next day!
    xx
    Annie .... who should be writing school reports... damn whoever invented A-E reporting!

Well tonight we had the chicken and it was oooooohhhh soooo good

Tomorrow the bbq is getting a night off, but the night after that we're having hamburgers (yum), we've also got some wings so I'm going to try a buffalo wing recipe. Some lamb chops thinking of doing them greek style. I'm going to do some Portuguese Chicken later in the week toooooo... So keep the recipes coming!

When you cook vegies do you cook on the grill or flat plate?

*hugs*
    Cailin

Dach

My recipe for chook on the BBQ is very similar to yours..

I use free range or organic skinless chicken breast... it tastes far nicer...

I marinade the chook over night in

Lime juice (fresh of course)
    Grated ginger
    Low salt soy
    Crushed garlic

If we are wanting to add a little spice we throw in some fresh chilli also....

I don't measure anything just chuck it into a jug mix and throw it on... to easy!

Leis xx

Oh another thing i forgot about.. I LOVE HOLUMI (spelling) cheese.. i cut it up and cube it and put it onto skewers, with vegeis, such as capsicum, mushies, zuchinies, anything i have lying around. Holumi is salted, but in small amounts on the BBQ with vegies it is just delicious, but it needs to be really browned to taste yummo..

leis x

Here's an easy one for the barbie:

chop up an onion
    chop up a capsicum
    chop up mushrooms
    add ABC sauce (sweet soy).
    Mix with a little oil.

Chuck on the BBQ. Its so tasty and so simple.

My brother and his wife first did this simple recipe. Bring on summer!

Caz

Default Best BBQ Recipes

Hi I dont know if this has been done already or not but since the weather is heating up we tend to use the BBQ alot and I need some yummy BBQ ideas. Things like marinades and side dishes. Thanks

Something that we love on the BBQ is corn with a bit of butter with herbs in it (a bit like they do at Nandos).

Or chargrilled veggies, chop up your veggies like zucchini, eggplant, squash, capis, tomato mushroom etc and do those on the bbq, always tasty.

I have just found another thread on the same topic here

lol I just merged them so the link brings you back to the same thread....

we just rainchecked a hooded bbq!! i am so excited, i cant wait. Gotta get the rotisserie and then I'll be driling you all

We've been doing fajitas on the BBQ like when I was in Mexico.

Chop up into thin wedges:
    1-2 capsicums
    1 onion
    1-2 tomatos
    Chicken meat (whatever your fancy) chopped like stir fry chicken

2 tsp garlic mince
    1 tsp tabasco
    1 tbsp lemon or lime juice (we prefer lime)
    1 tsp sugar
    salt & pepper

Mix everything together in a bowl & put in the fridge for 20 minutes to marinate. chuck on a BBQ plate and grill until the chicken is cooked. YUM!

Serve with guacomole, beans & rice and tortillas.... we also add fresh salsa and lettuce. Oh! don't forget the sangria....*drool*

Oooh, yum Christy - those fajitas sound really good!

We finally got a bbq - one of the clients of the company I used to work for was a BBQ manufacturer and we got a hooded BBQ for 1/2 price!! YAY! What I'm really waiting for is for my first rare fillet steak after I give birth. Not much longer...!

Seafood on the BBQ is awesome, especially in foil parcels if it's really delicate and won't cope with being grilled. Put in whatever fish/seafood along with whatever vegies and /or flavourings - leeks, capsicum, lemon/lime, herbs, wine, butter, lemongrass, chilli, etc, etc - whatever kind of flavour you like really! Also baked potatoes are tops, but I always parboil them first otherwise they're still crunchy inside. Mmmmmm...

I do my lamb roasts on the bbq (my bbq has a rotisserie which is brilliant) - I poke some holes in the leg of lamb with a knife and then squish in some chopped garlic and rosemary leaves - yummo and I put some water and more garlic and rosemary in the drip tray at the bottom and catch the juices from the meat to make the gravy.

My other fave bbq is corn on the cob like Ali...I brush sweet chilli or normal chilli sauce over the corn and bbq it - yum!

Fried rice tastes great cooked on the BBQ.
    So does fresh asparagus spears wrapped in prosciutto.

How is fried rice done on the BBQ rosehannah? Sorry, this may seem like a really dumb question, but do you put the rice straight onto the hot plate, or put the wok on the hotplate. I am guessing the former, but I could see it being messy perhaps? I am intrigued...!

(And mmmmm on the asparagus spears and prosciutto!).

Fried rice cooked BBQ style: DH does it the best!

3/4 cook rice as usual and drain
    Arc up the BBQ and spread some oil
    Slice up meat eg. bacon, ham, chicken prawns, what ever you want our leave out if vego. fry up then put aside
    Dice up or use frozen veg. eg. carrot, peas, corn, capsicum, onion( What ever grabs your fancy),put aside
    Beat two eggs and fry like an omelette, put aside
    Spread out the rice on the BBQ fairly thinly so that the steam can escape
    Add the other ingredients and drissel with soy sauce or the like push around the plate for a bit to mix up, but in bowl to serve, yum!!

Thanks rosehannah - that sounds delicious! Now I know what to do with my leftover rice!

Left over rice is good if its been sitting in the fridge because it isn't to soggy like fresh boiled rice can be if it is cooked too long.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast