Thread: Fox Symes or similar- experiences?

Default Fox Symes or similar- experiences?

I'm just looking for peoples experiences with these types of places. I'm VERY embaressed to even admit that we need this type of help but it just seems like all the cuts we are making isn't getting us anywhere so i'm looking into other options.

Has anyone had experiences with these types of places? What are the pros/cons? What are things i should be wary of?

Brisbane - where it is never like it should be.

DONT DO IT!!!!!

Fox Symes are a rort. i had a debt agreement with them for 2 years and in that whole time all the money i paid to them only paid off their fee and NOTHING to the actual creditors. I had it chaged to a company call Credit Repair Australia and they are heaps better.

Thats just my experience. If i could have my time over again i probably would never have gone into it at all to start with. you cant get phones or loans or anything, you pretty much put your lift on hold till the debt is gone.

Yep that's true with a debt agreement in place, you wont be able to get credit at all, but in a way that is good cause all your money goes into paying old debt. Some charities do financial counselling and will contact creditors for you, and are either free or charge a very low fee for the service. There was a thread on here about it before.

I think there was a thread on here about them and like Kylza said, don't go near them! I'll see if I can find the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Kylza View Post
    DONT DO IT!!!!!

Fox Symes are a rort.

:yeahthat:

Michael has just got out of a debt agreement with them. They prey on vulnerable people who are so far over their heads in debt, they promise to help and that everything will be alright.

We found out that he had paid off $5000 and that none of that went towards his debt at all. Then when he wanted to cancel the agreement they were being difficult about it. It was when he refused to pay them any money that they did it. But that was after a whole bunch of paperwork and a letter of why he wanted to.

The guy that was doing his account was a royal pr!ck! he would call 2-3 times a day i would screen michaels calls and he would be so rude to me.

I would suggest seeing a financial adviser/counsellor and seeing if there is any other way to get back on track.