Thread: Tell me about your landline phone service...

Default Tell me about your landline phone service...

I haven't a landline phone service... and apparently once you have had a child it is one of the items you simply must have I agree to some extent but am also going to cave into peer pressure and just get a landline service.

Can you tell me about your landline service please?

I see only making local calls on the line - I have a great cap service on my mobile so will make calls to mobiles on that and I have a USB internet stick so don't want to bundle services.

I have had a look around and am just wondering who you are with and why you made that choice

TIA

Im looking at internet home phone, so will be interested to see what is posted here too, just to compair my own plan.

we combind ours with our internet use and we also have foxtel (telstra)

We have cable internet with our phone bundled into that. One of the reasons we did this was the cost of the line rental. We pay $79 a month with 7gig of internet, local & national calls & calls to carrier.
    We had to sign on for 24 months and then got everything free. We were able to change our plan down, we started at $99 month, after 3 months. We are now over the 24 month period and get the new deals without having to resign.

Friends have their phone through their internet which they really like.
    It depends on how much you will use the phone to offset the cost of a stand alone line.

we use Voip which runs through the computer, no landline fees etc.. out last bill was $4.98

I have just got a Bundle - Foxtel, Internet, & home phone + Thub from telstra ... My Cable gets installed this Friday :-)

I wouldn't know what the cost of just having a phone would be = because i've always had bundles...

We have a landline simply so we can have an internet connection...we weren't interested in having one to make calls, so I shopped around for the cheapest deal I could find. We have the most basic Telstra option which is $21.95 a month. Optus has one a little cheaper but doesn't service our area.

Thanks everyone

Olive - how does VOIP work... sorry if it is a simple question but I am not up with phone over internet

We have VOIP too, we don't pay any more than $10 a month . If you look up Mynetfone, their site will educate you on how it works - that's who we use

I have a Telstra bundle. I get unlimited local, STD and calls to Telstra mobiles + 100gig internet for $120ish a mth.

THe last plan I was on with Telstra was $108 with unlimited local and STD + 25gig internet.

We're with Telstra, it's not by choice it's just they have the best coverage out this way, if we could change providers we'd do it in a heartbeat after all the drama we've had with Telstra.

We have the cheapest Telstra landline connection. We need it connected to get ADSL which we get cheaper with another company so we haven't bundled. We make long distance and overseas calls on skype so we just pay for a few local calls and the line rental with Telstra.

Well as it turns out VOIP is not suited to me because I have internet via USB stick thingy so I have gone with Optus who have a wireless service as there was no connection for our address on the system and I did not want to foot the bill for a new connection!!

Have happy with the plan we got.

Thanks everyone for your help and for sharing xox