Thread: Want to know where you tax refund is up to?

Default Want to know where you tax refund is up to?

Hi everyone,
    I was browsing around the ATO website looking to HECS and refunds when I stumbled across this. I thought it might help some of us finding out where our refunds are up to.

To check the progress of your refund, phone 13 28 65. This is an automated service and is available 24 hours a day, every day.

You will need to key in your tax file number (TFN) using your phone keypad to use this service.

Dan.

You're an angel! Off I pop to make a phone call!

I'd be happy getting group certificates so I can DO my tax. Its August! Send them out already!

oh thanks!! off to use the phone!

Quote Originally Posted by RumpledElf View Post
    I'd be happy getting group certificates so I can DO my tax. Its August! Send them out already!
    Pretty sure youre legally supposed to have it by now...

Thanks for that number, we've been waiting on DPs for a while now!!

awesome!! shall give that a call later

clare076 Guest

OMG you are friggin awesome!!! I have been wondering what is happening to mine as I lodged 2 weeks ago through fast tax and still hadnt heard anything, just checked and my notice of assessment was issued today. Now just gotta wait for the money to arrive in my bank, shame they cant tell you how much to expect.

FYI, your employer should have supplied your GC to you by the 14th July.

also you can register for online access with an AUS Key and then you can visually see ehlp loans adn personla tax and any dealing with tax office..
    its on the individuals page of teh ATO website

Quote Originally Posted by kawazuki View Post
    also you can register for online access with an AUS Key and then you can visually see ehlp loans adn personla tax and any dealing with tax office..
    its on the individuals page of teh ATO website
    That's only if you've got an ABN - you can't use the Tax Portal without one.

I submitted on 10th July and I'm still waiting for my refund - the automated line keeps telling me "Your return was received on July 10th, while most returns submitted electronically are processed within 14 days some require manual processing which takes longer. Please call again after 9th August."

Getting a bit fed up now. There's no progress on my centrelink page either - so no FT supplements as yet.