Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 18 October 2007-Amelia's little man is here!

a huge congratulations Ameila & DH on the safe arrival of your boy Rhys Peter james!
    Very proud of you well done!

Mealz is home from hospital, but I'll leave it up to her to give you all the details. He is so flipping gorgeous, I can tell you that though

Amelia Guest

Okay ladies, I finally have some time to write something up on the arrival of Rhys.

I got induced on Thursday 18/10/2007 at 7am - they broke my waters and put me on all the monitors - I was already dialated 2-3cm and only progressed 1cm in 4 hours and I was only having short painful contractions on one part of my uterus. Rhys' heart rate wasn't being irratice(sp?) enough and he wasn't going into labour. Dr's came in and tried taking a blood sample from the top of his head but my cervix kept closing over and they couldn't get anything so then the Dr's and MW's had a massive talk with us and we all decided that the best thing to do is to have a c-section that way I wasn't stressing him out at all. Then before I knew it I was getting a local and a epidural and hubby was walking in the operating theatre in those sexy scrubs!! Then Rhys was born at 12:19pm weighing a good size of 9lb 8oz.

I don't regret our decision for me to have a c-section at all, I would do it again in a heart beat. I had no complications and feel absolutely fantastic after it already, just 2 weeks on.

Thank you all for the warm wishes....I am loving everyday with him and couldn't imagine it any different and to tell you the truth I truly can't remember what it was like without him here!!

i cant believe it has been 2 weeks? it certainly does fly so please enjoy every second with him as a baby amelia!

Congrats again and I am so glad you feel so well after your c/s.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12