Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 26th December 2007 - My Twin Sisters Have Arrived!

Congratulations on the Birth of your Twin Sisters

Thanks everyone!
    No - no cuddles yet, unfortunately!
    They're both still in SCN / NICU and Charli especially not doing so great.

She'd been on CPAP to help with her breathing but it was making her heart rate too high so they intubated her on Thursday night - and in the process while getting the breathing a LOT better, she has developed an infection they suspect is meningitis So poor little darling has had to have a lumbar puncture to check and so on and so forth. I don;t have a lot of details because mum didn't want to talk about it, but Stevi is doing great, she's in SCN but is a little fighter.

I'm just crossing my fingers they both do alright because i'll feel... guilty?? if i get to take my little bubba home before mum gets to take home the girls. I really don't know what to say either. It's hard to offer support when as far as i know jellybean is healthy and etc.

Thankyou all for your kind wishes.

Ash - my prayers are with the little girls.
    Dont feel guilty hun, things are out of our control. I'm sure your mum will want jellybean to healthy. and jellybean will want to meet both his aunts, and they both would want to meet their nephew.

thinking of you, with lots of love
    xoxoxo

Hugs Ash, don't feel guilty. unfortunately twins are more likely to be prem, it's just the way it is. It's scary stuff having to see what they go through. But they do pull through. They were born at a good gestation, as far as prem's go!
    Is your mum keeping a journal? I am worried because if she doesn't want to talk about it, she is balling it up and thats not good at all! I urge her to keep one as it's one of the best ways to vent off steam and to help "get over" the whole experience. I myself regret not keeping a more detailed journal, and there are so many others that also regret it too.

*sending healthy vibes*
    Take Care and best wishes!
    Happy New year!

Thanks everyone for your well wishes earlier on.
    Stevi and Charli came home from hospital on Tuesday Jan 29th, making them just shy of 5 weeks old.
    Settling in to their new home well, but the short transfer home gave them lots of wind and they've been giving mum grief!
    They're tiny and precious and adorable and i'll post more pictures when the gallery isn't buggering up!

Glad they are finally home!!

Look forward to seeing some more pics

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12