Thread: Annika Rose

Annika's Mummy Guest

Default Annika Rose

I'm new to this forum, but I thought I'd jump in here, and let the world know that my baby girl Annika Rose popped into the world on November 25th 2006, at 6.02pm weighing 6lbs 14oz. I feel like screaming it from the roof tops!

Labour was the most painful, beautiful experience of my life. I woke up with DH early that morning as he left for work (5.00am) , I had a huge back ache. I fell back to sleep, and awoke shortly after to a contraction. I knew it could not be Braxton Hicks, waaayyy to strong for those. I turned on the lights, and started reading a book to keep my mind occupied from the possibility of being in labour. Contractions started coming 5-10 minutes apart straight away. I couldn't believe it! I called DH home from work, and gave the hospital a buzz. I was told to come in and get checked out. Turns out I was 3cm dilated, but I didn't have to go home, because I was really nervous. I had a shower on the birthing ball and when I got out, I noticed I had a show. It was now around 9.00 and I was given some toast and some tea to give me energy, but I vomited that straight back up again. I hopped in the shower again, hoping to make myself feel 'fresher'. I then got out and did some walking around, in hoping it would make things progress further. At 10.50pm the doctor came in and I was 5-6cm dilated and he broke my water. I was really tense when he checked, and it was one of the most painful experiences of my life! At 11am I was given a pethidine injection, and another one for my nausea. At 11.20, I started on the gas which didn't do a thing for me at all. I started begging for the epidural at around 2.00pm, and the first one was a bit patchy. An hour or so later, I was given another, and rolled on my side, bought about so much relief! I was so sleepy, I dozed off. I was given another top up again when my belly started to feel contractions again, and fell back to sleep. When I woke up again, the doctor checked me, and I was fully dilated. When I had sensation back, I could push. I was shocked. At 5.00pm I was pushing and using gas. I was saying 'hurry up, and cut her out already!'. I really didn't think I could do it.... and then we saw a bit of her head. I was so amazed. Touching it gave me the strength I needed for the rest of labour. I pushed, whilst the doctor held a mirror for me, and a midwifery student helped me through. All of a sudden people were telling me her head was out, and there wasn't much longer. I was amazed. A couple of small pushes later, Annika was born. When they placed this slimey, gooey baby on my belly, it was the best feeling in the world. I would have done labour 100x over in that second.
    Last edited by Astrolady; December 4th, 2006 at 07:01 AM. Reason: Removal of Images

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Congratulations on the birth of Annika - Well done! And Welcome to BB

Welcome to BB and congratulations on the birth of your daughter. That's a beautiful name. I hope you enjoy it here.

Smile

Hi and welcome to BB!! Nice to meet you. Congratulations on the arrival of your baby girl Annika.

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

Welcome to BB...

Congratulations on the birth of little ~ Annika Rose ~...enjoy motherhood.

congratulations on the birth of your beutiful baby Annika!

Welcome to BB and Congratulations on the birth of Annika!

CONGRATULATIONS SWEETIE!

So glad you took my advice and joined BB....you will love it here!!

Ash xoxoxo

Congratulations on the birth of Annika. What a gorgeous name for such a pretty baby.

Well done and welcome to BellyBelly

Welcome to BB and congratulations on the birth of Annika Rose.

Congratulations! WHat a beautiful name.

Congratulations on the birth of your little girl!

What a beautiful baby and name

Welcome to BB

Welcome to BellyBelly and congratulations on the birth of little Annika...