thread: April 26 - Bronners baby is finally here!

Nov 2005
    in a house!

Congratulations sweetie!!! Glad I share a bday with a gorgeous girl xxx

Add ~clover~ on Facebook

Sep 2007
    travelling

Yay! Congratulations!!

smiles4u Guest

Smile

Heartfelt CONGRATS Bronner

... Just love your lil girl's name " Asha Charlotte " , it's just soooo pretty

Warm hugs from Lorelle & lil Cendrine xox

Nov 2007
    Off with the fairies.

Congratulations!

xox

Dec 2006
    Out of my mind. Back in five minutes...

YAY. Congrats!!! Welcome little Asha Charlotte. xo

Sep 2008
    Melbourne

Welcome to the world Asha Charlotte

Enjoy the babymoon Bronners!

Jun 2006
    Sydney

Congratulations! Welcome to the world Asha Charlotte!!

Dec 2004
    Gippsland

Thank you everyone, especially BG who put up the birth announcement! Asha is sleeping peacefully at the moment so I have a little time to share some info. I went into labour about 11pm on Saturday night - we really thought it was just another bout of prelabour as the contractions weren't that strong, quite managable, however they were 1-2 minutes apart. So at 12.30am we decided to go to hospy and check out what was going on...I was getting frustrated and wanted to know if my cervix was doing anything! Half way there we almost turned back because I felt silly, but we didn't and soon found out that I was 3cm dilated. The midwife talked us out of going home to labour more as she thought it would all happen sooner than we expected. Amazingly after 3.5 hours of relatively easy contractions at 4.30am I was 8-9cm dilated. Labour stalled as my waters were bulging and there was no pressure on the cervix, so either they needed to rupture naturally or get them broken. During this time I felt normal, like I wasn't in labour. We tried for an hour to break them naturally but eventually just decided that we wanted our baby so got them broken. Much stronger intense contractions followed and by 6am I was pushing. For me this was the hardest bit and I ended up birthing on my back (like DS's birth) as nothing seemed to happen any other way. At 7.40am Asha was born and soon afterwards natural delivery of the placenta (which I was later told was exciting for the midwives as they rarely see it!). Asha was 9p 3ounces (shock!) and I did need several stitches The hospital was fabulous, very respectful of our plans for the birth and completely hands off - unless we needed asked for it. We came home late Sunday afternoon and have been enjoying our time with our beautiful little girl. Thankfully I am quite well rested as she slept for almost 6 hours straight last night. Off to bed soon, might not get that tonight!

BellyBelly Life Subscriber

Feb 2006
    melbourne

congrats bron and well done on the birth!!

Dec 2006
    Gippsland Vic

Fantastic news sounds like everything went well..
    A beautiful name as well, very pretty and a little different.
    Congratulations.

Jul 2005
    Sydney

thanks for sharing your story, wow congratulations on the birth of baby Asha!