Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bathsheba has a boy!

Thankyou so much girls! We are absolutely thrilled to have this new little man in our lives... he's such a placid, alert and healthy little guy. Thanks Kel for confirming the pronounciation of his name: "Nile, like the river", and yes it's Irish, and yes it apparently used to be pronounced "Neil" in Ireland many generations ago but has since become a name in it's own right (according to an expatriate). Both my DH and I have strong Irish links. His middle name is Atticus, which you all might not be so keen on but I love it... from the novel "to Kill A Mockingbird"... or the movie played by Gregory Peck... a lawyer defending a falsely accused African American. Anyhow, I just thought the two names went well together... you can afford to be a bit more adventurous with middle names I guess.

Another interesting thing girls: Both Enigma and my babies were born with their arms up beside their heads on June 13th... and they both had head circumferences of 35cm! I think we are both a bit worse for wear down there (although I escaped stitches... Big WooHoo!). Otherwise i'm doing well... thanks again for all your warm wishes and thoughts

ETA: piccys of Niall on the WebPage link ... also in it's Photo gallery.

oh bath he is gorgeous! he doesnt look like a newborn at all! he is very alert and gorgeous indeed. Congrats again

I LOVE Atticus as well - cos I loved the book too!

Congratulations.....

*TamaraP* Guest

Congrats Bathsheba on the birth of your little boy Niall

Congratulations Bath! What fantastic news..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123