Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Christie's little girl

Hi Everyone,

Thankyou so much for your congratulations and well wishes. Amelia is absolutely beautiful and we are smitten, especially Owen her big brother. He just wants to kiss her all the time!! I had the best labour ever, only 1hr 45min from the first contraction until she was born!!and she was posterior and i was only 3cm dilated 25 min before she was born!! i stood in the shower for most of the labour with just gas for the pain and got out about 25min before she was born and asked for pethidine, which the midwife gave me thinking that i was a while off giving birth but just 15mins later i could feel her making her way out, turns out i couldn't deal with the pain because i was in transition!!it took a few pushes to get the first half of her head out since she was posterior still but i then had a short break in contractions and she turned herself and then flew out in about 3 more pushes!! I got to cuddle her straight away and ben, my hubby, cut the cord. Then i got 1 stitch(on the scar where i had 2 stitches with Owen) and our parents came in with Owen to meet our beautiful little girl. Because it was such a quick and efficient labour i just had so much energy left and felt great afterwards and still do..she is a fabulous sleeper and feeder(last night she fed at 8.30pm, then 12.40 then 6.20!!and slept the rest!!but feeds more often during the day every few hours) and is very calm.We couldn't be happier with our little princess.

ETA:You can see pics on my website link!!

Last edited by totalbabe77; March 12th, 2007 at 03:49 PM. Reason: forget about pics

YEY Christie, she is gorgeous!! So happy for you!! You beat me by 9 minutes with your labour! Way to go!!! xoxo

Congratulations on the safe arrival of your little girl, just looked at your pics and she is just gorgeous, you must be really proud.
    Last edited by *Elle*; March 13th, 2007 at 04:47 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12