Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shereejoy has had Tiger...

Sheree - I am so very happy for you and Wade on the safe arrival of Lachlan. Congratulations!!

Thank you for all your congratulations, I really appreciate all your thoughts and wishes.

I have been home from hospital since Friday but am really struggeling with my recovery and don't have the energy to jump on here much. I guess I just put so much pressure on myself and want to enjoy Lachy to my full potential, but my body won't let me. I am sure it will get better too, but I just can't use those muscles at all at the moment which is so frustrating. I can't lay on my side in my sleep, I can't even roll out of bed or use my muscles to pull myself out of my bed and even getting out of a chair or off the toilet - the initial get up and go kills me. Alls I can say is us women are such strong characters and only we could ever get through this. I was worried that I wasn't recovering like others, but as the midwife said "it is major surgery" and to stop beating myself up. I guess it has only been a week, but a long week at that. I just get so frustrated as my independance gets the better of me. Also my wound is oozing and it pulling away a bit, which is concerning me a little so went to the hospital to have it checked. It is not infected, but they told me to rest more, yeah right with a newborn. Ladies who elect to have a caesar are crazy in my opinion. There was a lady in the room beside me who elected to have her 2nd caesar and she left a day before me and I guess it was at that stage that I was thinking, boy am I not coping well??

But all in all I am not struggeling with being a mother - I just love it, I just hate that my body isn't what it should be. Always was terrified of the caesar and I am prooving that to be so right now.

Other then that, 90% of people were so wrong in guessing we were having a girl, and they convinced me so much that I even asked them if they were sure when he came out a boy. He is lovely, so tiny and lots and lots of hair. Looks like his daddy. I am so proud, he is so lovely, and he is feeding really well. Couldn't ask for a better baby especially seeing as he is only a week old. Boy did my boobs hurt when my milk came down on the third day, my back nearly caved in, but all is good now and I am really pleased with where we are at. He seems to feed every 2 - 3 hours, but this arve slept for 4 nearly 5 hours.

Lachy kept getting 9 out of 10 agpar score and I believe this was because the paedetrician was concerned about his left hip. The next day he didn't think it was as bad but we are having a scan this Wednesday to confirm that his hip is ok or not. So apparently it is really common for breach babies to have that hip displacement problem, but seeing as it appeared better the day after surgery, the doc is just being more precautious then anything, so fingers crossed all is ok.

sheree congratulations! i hope you feel better soon and are up and about chasing after your little man in no time

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123