Thread: 2nd time round

Question 2nd time round

I can't really decide what I am expecting. For those of you who already have a child, is labour and childbirth better or worse the second time round? On the one hand you know what is (probably) going to happen, the mystery factor isn't there and you aren't facing the unknown. On the other hand, you know how much it hurts!!! What do you all think?

1st was easier than I expected.........
    2nd was an induction, & was a mirror image of my first but FASTER due to the induction
    3rd was fan-bloody-tastic....very fast, but I had been in pre-labour for weeks and weeks.........it was a blissful birth.......

They were all remarkably similar, but also very unique.

Wish I could do it all again!

With #1, I was blissfully ignorant in the lead up, but once it started I was terrified and then once things got going it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

#2 was completely different and my best birth I think. I think knowing what will happen made a huge difference to me in terms of positions etc, but at the same time I was scared because I knew kwim?

by the time #3 came round I was an old hand but it was decidedly different and the worst of the three but still with a great outcome in that I didn't have a c/s.

I thought it was better (even though second birth didn't quite pan out the way I'd planned).

I really looked forward to the labour and birthing while I was pregnant with my second baby. When I was having my first it kind of loomed at the end like "the Great Unknown".
    Even though I had an emergency c/s with my second baby the labour was much faster - it only took me a few hours to dilate to 7cms where the first labour it took me about 12 hours to get that far. So had I not had the c/section it definitely would have been quicker as well.