Thread: 30weeks And Braxton Hicks

aimes_08 Guest

Default 30weeks And Braxton Hicks

I Have Been Suffering From Really Bad Stabbing Pains And Tightness And The Hospital Said Im Suffereing From Braxton Hicks

As This Is My First Pregnancy Im Not Familiar With It

Is This Normal For Being 30wks Pregnant Or This Bad

hey hun i have been getting braxton hicks since i was about 20 weeks. I read all the books and they all said that braxton hicks dont hurt blah blah blah but mine really hurt. The first time i had them i seriously thought i was in labour. I spoke to my midwife and she assured me that it was all ok and unless they were continuous there was nothing to worry about.

It is just your uterus contracting (they call them fake contractions) getting ready for labour and birth. There is nothing to worry about at all unless they are continuous if they come along again and you get worried try timing them if they are continous and 10 mins apart every time then you are in labour adn go straight to the hospital but from what my midwife said they are 110% absolutley normal. I hope the rest of your pregnancy is a breeze

Don't listen when they tell you that BH don't hurt!
    They can be very painful for some! But it is perfectly normal hun, ok, so don't stress too much!
    Think of it as a positive step as your body preparing for labour - every BH contraction is one more step towards a quicker labour - that's the way i look at it anyway

aimes_08 Guest

if anyone told me it doesnt hurt i would slap them lol

its happening every 15-20mins for about 1-3mins

hey aimes

the tightening is the uterus flexing and releasing...getting 'pumped' for the work of labor, and yes this can certainly be an intense sensation

the stabbing pains do not generally go with the BH, but they could be your baby giving you a well placed kick with the BH

the BH are great as the supply lots of O2 to your uterus and your baby, and also provide you with some 'practice' of how you will cope in labor

dont freak if your thinking 'OMG', use the time to think about how you want to be in labor and how you can achieve this

BH are also sometimes an indication that you have been doing too much, so use it as an excuse to put your feet up

x
    blue daisy

Hi aimes-

I've been getting horrible paons cince 20 weeks. I was worried as my first preg i didnt get them til bout 30 weeks. I spoke with my GP and he told me the stabbing feeling i was experiencing were well he said the uterus was like a ball on strings.... when these strings pull and stretch they cause the stabbing pain. Usually on one side.... Not sure if thats correct but he said it was normal and it reassured me... I find walking around or rocking (like they recommend during labour) really helps to ease the pains... Mine last a few minutes to hours but arent regular and tend to go away with movement etc... I also get like bad period pain and back pain (like all round) which i had during labour and GP said they were fine also...

He told me if they dont go away, become regular or more intense, are followed by bleeding etc then go to the hossy... The way i see it is doesnt matter how soon or late you get them, its just better preparation for us who get them...

Hope your feeling ok and try not to stress... If your really worried a phone call to the hossy or a visit to your local GP could be all the reassurance you need... Good luck hun

I would get the stabbing pains checked further- I am not sure if they are classed as Braxton Hicks as I only experienced the tightness. But such pain doesnt sound right. Can u get a GP to check you perhaps for a 2nd opinion?