Thread: 41wks and not being pressured.. YAY

Wink 41wks and not being pressured.. YAY

I have a friend who is 41wks with her 2nd bub, her DS was born after being induced as labour was not progressing.

So far she has not had contractions etc and is basically at the point of being over people asking when bubs is coming (totally understand that), i have PM'd her and suggested she take a look on here for some 'natural induction methods' which she has done.

I am so so happy to report though that she had a Dr's appt today and her Dr is happy for her to go until monday and if nothing then THEN they will discuss induction.

I am so glad there is a Dr out there not forcing the issue and scaring her into setting a date.

They have done scans etc and all is well with bub it's just that he/she is not quite ready to be evicted.

Just thought i would share a nice Dr story for once...

Thats awesome!

yep SIL was the same they just kept encouraging her telling her to just wait she was 41+5 and she was going to be induced that day but bub decided that he would be born that day with only AROM she went into labour at 2 am

my dr was the same. i was given facts about inducing or waiting and chose to be induced 41+3.
    after carrying Jayvan around fr 2 weeks dead and not having a single tingle of labour I don't think my body likes to give up my babies without a fight.
    things were all good to go tho, i had already dialated 2 cm on my own and my labour was drug free and only lasted 3 hours and 4 minutes .

not all dr's are evil intervention machines!

Thats good!

(i read the title and had to double check... i was like i'm sure shes not due to have a bubba yet LOL)

Quote Originally Posted by **Sunshine** View Post
    Thats good!

(i read the title and had to double check... i was like i'm sure shes not due to have a bubba yet LOL)
    hell no.... lol 2 is enough for me, and no chance of me trying for 3 under 3... no way!

Lol... tired brain...need to triple check what i;m reading lol

I know how you feel don't worry... hows the 'weight loss journey' going hun?
    1 goal of mine is ok so far but the other the stupid rain has ruined.. might go puddle jumping later anyway

Awesome news!!!

My OB with DD1 let me go to 42 weeks, and was going to let me go to 42 + 5 without any intervention.

And my midwives with DD2 were quite happy for me to keep her in as long as she wanted. Thank god she wanted out just before 42 weeks though, I was going mental. LOL

...where jumping on the bed is mandatory!

thats so good!!!!! i was 41 weeks and being told i was putting my child at risk if i didnt have an induction....lucky i had a great midwife on my side telling me it was ok to go home and wait another week!! they are so quick to wip the LOs out...nice to hear a different story!! good luck to her

that's fantastic