Thread: Acupuncture to induce labour

Default Acupuncture to induce labour

Hi all
    Im 40+5 wks pregnant and have booked in to have accupuncture tomorrow to try to help bring on labour.
    Im curious to know whether those who have tried acupuncture to induce labour found it successful or not?
    Thanks

Hi July Mum

Absolutely. I had acupuncture in the week leading up to DS's due date. It wasn't induction acupucture at that stage, that was to start if I went past 40 weeks. But my acupuncturist was just trying to 'warm things up' so to speak. At my second session he took things up a notch, and I went into labour about 36 hour later, from memory. Who knows whether labour would have started then anyway, but it certainly can't have hurt.

Good luck with it, I hope it works for you.

Wishing you a wonderful birth!

Default Acupuncture to induce labour

I had induction acupuncture on my due date... my waters broke while the acupuncturist was still at my house!

Good luck work it... hope you have as much success!

I had 3 lots of induction acupuncture between 40 & 41 weeks, went into labour at 41+3.

No idea if the acupuncture itself worked but certainly didn't hurt

Thanks for the replies ladies, sounds like you all had positive experiences.
    I just had mine at 11 today so hopefully it gets things happening if not I have another appontment later in the week.

I had a few sessions and it didn't help. My body just wasn't ready - at 42 weeks my cervix was still high and firm.
    Good luck! Hope you don't have to wait much longer.