thread: Ambulance for emergency in labour?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User

    Mar 2007
    outer South East Melbourne
    2,881

    Most first labours take a little while to get going so it's very unlikely your partner wont be able to get to you in time.

    I had a day of pre labour then 17 hours of labour - 9 of those were at hospital so I had hours and hours at home. It got fully going at night like often happens so my worries of my then partner not being around were all for nothing.

    Once you go into labour you just sort of go with it - prepared or not - there is no turning back. I think a lot of women dont' feel prepared for labour, and lots that do feel prepared for it (like I did) suddenly don't feel prepared at all once it actually starts.

    My one piece of advice for you is to understand what they mean by "do you feel ready to push yet?" I felt like an idiot (but a very relieved idiot) when I realised I'd been ready to push for ages, but the pressure was not where I expected it to be.

  2. #2
    Registered User

    Jul 2008
    Melbourne
    502

    Wow, Satya -your DS is one already! Congrats little munchkin! Thanks for your good advise.