Thread: Another Pre-Labour Question

Default Another Pre-Labour Question

Hello All!
    I just discovered this site today, and it looks like a great place to discuss/vent/chat! I am at 38 weeks with my second baby, and really looking forward to being done with this. I know that there is no sure way to tell whether labour is coming soon or not, but I was curious about other's experiences with labour/pre-labour the first time, compared to the second time. With my first, I was well effaced (80-90%), and 1-2cm dilated about 2 weeks before delivery. I delivered at 40weeks, 1 day, and had 7 hours of labour. I don't remember any back ache or BH contractions. With this one, I am slightly effaced, and 1cm dilated, and have LOTS of back ache, BH contractions, indigestion, weepiness, lack of sleep, sore hips, etc, etc. :-({|= No show. Oh, and this baby feels like it has dropped, though they say that doesn't happen usually with your second baby.
    Anyways, do YOU think I'm close?
    Also, any suggestions for easing the achiness?
    Thanks for your help!

Hi Mama of Two,

Welcome to Belly Belly! :bellyrub: I've only had the one but it sounds like your baby is ready to meet the world soon.
    As for easing aches and pains - hot water bottle, DP (Dear Partner) massage, warm shower/bath, and gentle stretching exercises and then more massage from DP.
    All the best for the delivery!

Kirsty77 Guest

HI

I had exactly as you have described and I went one week overdue and had to be induced!Unfortunetely theres no sure way to tell how far away labour is even with all the symtoms you've had.I hope it is soon for you though..........goodluck...............

Well, I saw my doctor today, and now I'm 2cm, although still not very effaced. She's not making any predictions about when this baby's coming, which I can understand. No one really knows, but it's nice to hear other people's guesses, and hope that they know what they're talking about.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Hi Mama of 2, welcome to Bellybelly [-o< that your little one makes his/her arrival very soon.