Thread: Anyone Had A Strip And Stretch???

Default Anyone Had A Strip And Stretch???

My midwife has offered to do a strip and stretch or sweeping of the membranes tomorrow for me. Even though this is my 4th bub I have never had this done.

Does anyone have any info on it for me. I know roughly how it is done. I know that if they get blood when they do it that it is a good sweep too but other than that I don't know alot more.

For anyone thats had it done was it successful? If so how long afterwards did you go into labour?

TIA

Take care
    Trish

I think I had 2 I can't quite remember. It was a little uncomfortable, and I had a bit of spotting afterwards. Can't say that it was successful I think she came when she was good and ready, but I did start to dilate after that. I think my last sweeping was 3 days before she decided to come out

*hugs*
    Cailin

Thanks for that Cailin. Seems we don't have any other takers for me I am hoping that it doesn't take 3 days though. Am I being too optimistic

Take care
    Trish

Hi Trish, i had one done after i had been having contractions for 3 days but i wasnt dialating, so the midwife thought it would help, i ended up having a c-section because my beautiful bundle decided to turn breech at the last minute, but i feel, had he not turned it would have helped.