Thread: Babies movements going into labour

Question Babies movements going into labour

Just wondering if your baby moved a lot or less than normal on the day you went into labour?

I've heard they slow down... and I had heard that they wont hiccup within the final 24 hours before birth. That's why I thought labour must still be a while away as my baby was still hiccuping less than 24 hours before he was born!

Oooooops I've posted this in the wrong section. Mods please move to the Labour & Birth general discussion

I got a little excited when I saw you post in the BA section

DD just moved the normal amount really, but I had quite a few days of warm up. I kept waiting for her to 'quiet down' like a lot of people say bubs do before birth, but I don't think she'd heard that theory.

heheh HB so sorry! I think there might be a few excited people when they see this post in the BA thread!!! I feel like such a tool, I was checking out who actually has had their baby and clicked on the start new thread in the wrong section.... Oh well I'll just go into hiding for a day or so until it's moved... either that or hope most people are out on a Sat night and wont see it on BB LOL.

I was asking the question cause bubs has moved HEAPS today and thought it could be a sign so wanted to hear others experiences.

Meow I hadn't heard of the hiccup theory but will test it out when the time comes

Leila was about to punch her way outta my belly the day my waters broke...and i went into natural labour about 5 hours later (ie without the need for drip). i remember my Oma telling me that she was a way off yet (she called in the morning) 'cause she was moving too much, but we proved her wrong

eeppp! could be exciting babe!!

DD2 started squirming and thrashing around about 4 hours before I went into labour, and did it for almost 2 hours in the early hours of the morning. It felt like she was turning and twisting, kicking and punching like crazy, I was freaked out thinking she was turning posterior again, so I spent the entire time doing the optimal baby positioning exercises. I've been told she was preparing for birth, she must have done well because she was born 1 hr 45 min after my labour started.

I was told not to worry when my baby slowed down her movements just before birth. She was born sleeping because I took this advice. If you don't think you've felt enough movement from your baby go straight to hospital and get it checked. Babies should not be still!

I don't think there was any change in either baby's movements before they were born. They were pretty active, both of them.

Gee I can't actually remember with DD2!!!! I remember more about what my body was doing, not what she was doing in it.. LOL

Good luck for your birth!!!