Thread: Best books on Calmbirth/hypnobirthing?

Default Best books on Calmbirth/hypnobirthing?

Hi all

I'm very interesting in learning about Calmbirth techniques but as much as my DH and I would LOVE to do classes, we just can't afford it.

Nevertheless, I figured that having at least some knowledge of the techniques used will help me.

Can anyone recommend good books on Calmbirth or hypnobirthing? Preferably one that comes with a CD...

I'm finding myself unable to switch off or relax so far during my pregnancy and I'm also carrying a lot of fear (about various things, not just labour), so I thought this might be beneficial since I can't afford the classes, or it might at least help me to relax a little during the pregnancy!

Thanks ladies

Yarra- DH and I are going to calmbirth classes in Oct/Nov. I'm happy to share whatever I get given, I'll pass it all on.

Hypno Birthing - The Mongon (sp??) method is what I refer to hth

Thanks girls!

Great question.
    After Cassius's Birth Story, I've been inspired to further investigate calm birthing techniques (yes, I'm getting ahead of myself )
    I was knocked down at work the other day at the suggestion of it 1. Cause I don't have children; and 2. Cause 'once you're in there (labour) you'll throw that 'rubbish' out the window and scream get this baby out of me'
    :rollseyes:

Yarrawin

As someone who runs classes on HypnoBirthing, and used it in my own birth, can I say that the books are no substitute for what is taught/experienced in class..
    Seriously, (and esp if this is your first baby) you will only benefit from the classes. I'd suggest contacting a local facilitator of HypnoBirth or Calm Birth and asking for a payment option or discount - most of us are more than happy to assist as we want people to have empowered births....

It cant hurt to ask