Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Birth Preferences

Cailin, great work I am looking at Hypnobirthing this time so it is good to see a plan that incorporates it.

Sezjm, they were very good. Mind you I had a doula (the lovely kelly) and a very good Ob. As soon as I would mention his name they would say "Oh ok" LOL! I did have one midwife that annoyed us but luckily she only came in twice had she come in again I would have requested another Don't be afraid to speak up if you don't like the midwives you get. After all you're paying for a service and you only get to do it once iykwim.

We gave Seth Hep B at 2 months, so no he didn't have it in the hospital.

Make LOTS of copies of your birth plan. Have your ob sign it and signature each point so that they can't argue. And you should be right

Thanks aurora & MD

*hugs*
    Cailin

Thanks for the advice Cailin!

That's great Cai! Thanks for sharing all that. So glad that it was all followed too!

paradise lost Guest

Cailin, you don't have to answer if you don't want, it's just idle curiosity; what are you doing with your placenta?

Because we homebirthed our midwives kept asking what to do with it (i hadn't put it in the plan as i just didn't think - we knew we didn't want it and they sure don't ask you that in hospital!) and every time i was like "um, put it in a yellow waste bag and take it away?" LOL.

My friends put theirs under a cherry-tree that they planted at the baby's naming ceremony/christening (they kept it in the freezer - she was 3 months old at christening). THere was a programme on once here in the UK where they ate it - very civilised, made it into pate, just looked (and apparently tasted) like Brussels pate. Can't say i'd fancy it, because i'd be thinking "is this a bit of me, or a bit of Smee i'm eating?". Sorry if that put anyone off their lunch!

Hana

*bumpity bump*

Been searching for this for days so I don't want to lose it again!!

Sarah, i started a thread somewhere about birth plans for caesareans and got lots of handy replies. Dont know where to find it though, sorry

D thank you, but I'm planning a VBAC so shouldn't need a c/s birth plan further than one for an emergency one like this

Good on you Sarah, wtg!

Im sure you won't even need this emergency one!

paradise lost Guest

Sarah the BB mods are on a ROLL with the VBACing! I just know that your poor sad emergency birthplan is going to be languishing unread in a folder somewhere while you're BFing your beautiful fresh-sqeezed newborn

Bx

That's the plan at least guys

And yep there certainly are some legendary BB VBAC ladies aren't there

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!

How exciting This birth plan is doing the rounds, WOOT! I had a friend just use it recently too

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12