Thread: Birth stories wanted...

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Default Birth stories wanted...

Hey all,

I'm again after more birth stories, for the Nappy Bag Book for next year. They are after:

* Waterbirth or Homebirth
    * Natural Hospital Birth (natural being no interventions or pain relief - a process that was not interfered with)

They already have enough for caesarean birth so they are not required. If you could please send your stories to me at [email protected] and they would also like a photo, so please send high res pictures for magazine publication. Many thanks!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Kel, I have emailed you Olivia's.........but we may have submitted it for last years, LOL, so feel free to trash it if it is not needed........

I have also Emailed Glenns story. I would love to see it used. I have Evans story that was used in one of the parenting mags. it would be great to Glenns used as well.

Thank-you for the flood of homebirth / natural birth stories that were sent in for consideration to be published in next years nappy bag book. They have the huge task of reading them all now and selecting a few for publication, so I wont know just yet who gets selected but if I find out any info I will let you know.

I also wanted to ask if any of you were happy to have your birth stories on BellyBelly (with or without photos) if you haven't already.

Unfortunately I have deleted all your emails for privacy reasons so if you would like to have your story published, please resend it to me at [email protected] and I will be very happy to post them.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

I have email you both Evan & Glenns Stories

Thanks
    Kelly xx

Hi,

Do i fit into the catergory of Natural Hospital Birth (natural being no interventions or pain relief - a process that was not interfered with) or not.

I was induced so had my waters artificially ruptured and the cyntocin but i had absolutely no pain relief what so ever and apart from the cyntocin and ARM i had no other intervention. So other than the induction method i had a totally natural birth.

If i qualify i will submit my birth story to you Please let me know.

Thanks

I'd be happy to include it on the main site, so please send it in!

For the other article I originally posted about, it means a birth with no medical drugs, e.g. not just pain relieving. An ARM (artifical rupture of membranes) is considered an intervention also. It is confusing because we associate vaginal birth with 'natural', I think what you mean is that you had a vaginal birth. Not that any is better than the other, just to explain.
    Kelly xx

No worries,

I wondered if the fact that i was induced to start off with would take me out of this catergory or not, thats why i asked for clarification

I will still send it in to you for the main site though