Thread: bloody show-howlong til contractions?

ready-to-drop Guest

Default bloody show-howlong til contractions?

hi everyone

i am one day over my due date but on thurs (2 days ago) i had a bloody show. i wanted to know how long it took other women to start contractions after they had their show. am i looking at a possible further two week wait?!! or did your contractions start a few days later?

love to hear from you!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Hello and welcome to BellyBelly! You might be interested in THIS poll / topic which I started ages ago about when women lost their show and how soon it was in accordance to labour. It's very interesting! All the best for a wonderful birth
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Welcome Ready-to-drop!
    Can't be too far away now...
    I had the show at 7:30 in the morning and delivered Mason at 4:32, then with Angus I didn't get the show until I was almost ready to push him out!
    Sorry I know that doesn't help your tortured mind though but I was also overdue with Angus by 5 days
    Good luck . Don't forget to tell us how it went!

ready-to-drop Guest

Thanks sam

its sunday now and still no action!! have been eating curries and going on long walks! have just read the thread that kelly posted and hopefully things shouldn't be too far away...

will keep you posted [-o<

amanda

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Amanda,

All the best for a wonderful birth! Remember (as hard as it might be!) to conserve your energy as best you can right now, especially at night. Distraction is very useful too! A good time to catch up on any dvd's or books you might want to read or things like that Or you could always chat in here heheh
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

hi - the first time around, my doctor said it could be up to two weeks before the real action :-(

good luck

barb.

I had the bloody show and 4 days later, the action started

kriscee Guest

I had a slight bloody show at about 38 weeks and still went overdue by 1 week, THEN had to be induced!
    I'm sure you really didn't want to hear that though.
    Fingers crossed you have a beautiful little baby very soon.
    Good luck!

ready-to-drop Guest

its day 4 past due date and we're just trying to keep busy, really feel like this baby has no intention of coming out!! know thats just normal though. midwife is offering me a membrane sweep on thurs/fri so hopefully that will get things moving.. has anyone else had this and if so how did it go?!
    :-k

kriscee Guest

don't worry - I felt exactly the same way.

If you mean a strip and stretch - my OB gave me one of those the night before I was induced to see if it would get things moving. Before he did it I was 2cm dilated. And the next morning I think I had progressed to 3cm but no contractions yet.

Good luck

Default reply

Oh hon, how bloody frustrating, I had my show 2 weeks b4 buba decided too come- good luck angel! [-o< hurry up bubba

Maybe you could do what Miranda did on sex and the city- walk around and push out-like doing a poo (sorry a bit gross).

No action yet I see. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it will get started soon for you.