Thread: Blue Cohosh/Caulophillim

Default Blue Cohosh/Caulophillim

Had anyone had success with this to bring on labour? Went to acupunture this morning and he gave me some of this too.

I have not heard of Caulophillim, but have heard of scary side effects of Blue Cohosh........SORRY Soph, don't want to rain on your parade, and I am not an expert at all, but I am sure I read somewhere about Blue Cohosh causing blurred vision and terrible cramps and headaches and nausea after a birth........so thought I would let you know JIC..........

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

I'd just stick to acupuncture. The last 3 clients I have had all went into labour 48 hours after acupuncture, and one a while back had her waters break in the waiting room after a session
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Kirsty77 Guest

I've also never heard of them. But you have to let me know how the acupuncture was!

Mmmmm ok what to do? Acupunture was good Kirsty - we'll soon see if it does anything! Not sure about the Blue Cohosh now.......

Kirsty77 Guest

Its funny huh, some things work on some women and on others nothing. I was a nothing girl!LOL! Gemma was induced when she was 7 days overdue after trying EVERYTHING, where as my sister, well her and her husband just had to look at each other(ok maybe not just look!ROFL!) and she'd go into labout anywhere from 34 weeks!! Needless to say as soon as she hit 34 weeks he wasn't allowed near her!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

The acupuncturist they have all used in Melbourne is Iva Baloun - in the city. I have heard so many good things about her - refer all my clients there.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Ah Kelly if only I lived in Melbourne!