Thread: Breech baby

Default Breech baby

Hi, Im just wondering if anyone has had a breech baby, and if bub turned, if so how etc etc. Midwife seems to think my baby is in breech position, although i am not convinced. Just wanting some advice on how to move her if she is!!! Also did anyone give birth naturally?

Wow,! I actually thought I would book into acupuncture. I will wait until next appointment to see if its' still breech and then get the acupuncture. Could probably do with it anyway at this point!! thanks for that xo

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Meg,

You might also like to try moxa sticks from a chinese store, and check out the 'spinning babies' website. There is a book, 'breech birth woman wise' if you'd like to get some factual and positive birthing information to help with the cause
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Fee Guest

Is it true that doctors won't deliver a breech baby anymore these days? They'll do a c-section instead?

mooshie Guest

lani was breech right up until my 35wk check up, she turned the day before, it was a weird sensation feeling her turn. next day i went to my 35wk check up where the ob was going to chat about a c-section if she hadn't turned, he did an ultrasound to confirm she was head down and she stayed that way until birth thankfully.

to be honest i really don't know how they do it when women birth a breech bubs especially some of the positions these little monkeys put themselves into.

good luck - hope bubs turns for you.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

I only recently found out after being 9 days late and breech, I turned a day before mum went into labour.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Fee - it depends on the doctor. Most don't like to, you'd need to shop around for an OB who would.

My cousin who is a midwife at Royal Womens' sydney said NO ONE will deliver breech anymore. Possibly I guess if you have a good private OB, but we are going public, and there's just no chance. The midwives don't even have experience as they just aren't allowed do it. The risk of suing is too high.........

tiggy Guest

There is a wonderful doctor in Newcastle who still delivers breech. His name is Andrew Bisits. He is the only one left in NSW. He feels very strongly about advocating for womens choice.

I can't believe he's the only one. How ridiculous. You would think that experienced Ob's would all do them. Anyway, I have a feeling my bub isn't breech, so here's hoping!! xoxo

tiggy Guest

Hey Meg,
    Hope that is the case!!!! When will you know?

When I had my DD, my 35 week chk had her in breech position. We were told she would have to be delivered by C/S if she was still in this position at my next chkup. I had read that spending a few moments throughout the day getting on to all 4's and moving about ever so slightly can help make the baby move into head down position. She did end up turning and we were able to go ahead with a normal birth. However she did move again slightly in labor and came out face up and to the side.
    My best advice that I can give you is to listen to yourself about how you feel about your birthing options bearing in mind the advice of your dr.

I really hope bub turns out to be head down or will turn to be that way. All the best

Love Helen