Thread: Calmbirthing classes or Hypnobirthing classes?

Default Calmbirthing classes or Hypnobirthing classes?

Okay, so I get that calmbirthing and hypnobirthing are essentially the same thing (well, according to everything I've read).

I'm about to book DH and I into some classes and I'm not sure whether to go with hypnobirthing or calmbirth.

Are there any real differences between the two when it comes to the classes/content/presentation? Any info and/or experiences would be useful.

Thanks

I'd read up on what's on offer and the qualifications of the instructors and then just pick whichever sounds better to you. Either will give you good tips and strategies to use

We did the calmbirth classes and they were fantastic! I didn't research the hypnobirthing classes so I'm not sure how they differ. Probably doesn't help you much..sorry..but I did love the calmbirth classes. Goodluck with whichever you decide on

We did calmbirth too, down in Bowral, and absolutely loved it. I found it really useful during labour, and my DH said it helped him get a much better understanding too. From talking to friends who did hypnobirthing, my understanding is that it's similar but the techniques differ slightly.

Good luck!

Thanks girls I guess I'm just more into whether hypnobirthing is too 'American' but at the same time I actually don't think there are any calmbirth practioners in my area that offer class times that my DH could attend. Either way I'm looking forward to it!