Thread: Cervix

Default Cervix

So at my appt today I had an internal. My cervix was high, posterior, hard and closed. All I can find on the net is about how having a bit of dilation and effacement isn't a guarantee that labour is close, but does it work the other way 'round? Or am I still weeks and weeks from labour?

I'm 38+3, Bub has been engaged a little over three weeks, and I have been having some period pain with my BH.

im sorry im not going to be any help here...
    but i just wanted to say good luck!
    and i hope someone can help u

The state of your cervix can change quite quickly once your body decides it wants to start labouring. So what it is like today is no indicator of what it will be like tomorrow, or next week even. And it has no bearing on whether you will go past term or not either. I remember that with my first baby at 37-2 my cervix was still high and closed too and I was 1 day early with him.

I walked out of my doctor's office feeling like I was guaranteed to go over, which was a bit...well frustrating. Which is weird because while I am looking forward to seeing the baby etc etc, I am feeling sad that the pregnancy is almost at an end. I like having the baby in there!

Its confusing isnt' it? I was the same, as much as I wanted to meet my babies, it was always hard to know that the pg was nearly over and that I wouldn't feel the baby kicking etc and it is such a special time in your life too.

Yes. I know I will be ready whenever it happens - but I just feel that these days are so precious. After all, I will never be this close to the baby again.