Thread: Clary Sage

Default Clary Sage

Would it be okay to use clary sage at 37w+ to try to beat an induction or would it be better to wait until the gel is actually in and use the clary sage to enhance what the gel's doing... IYKWIM?

Thanks.

wowzah Guest

I used the Clary Sage relentlessly from 39w 4d with my son and still went 10 days over and got induced. I had never thought of using it in conjunction with the gel!

I rubbed the oil on me, put it on my pillow, had it on a tissue and kept smelling it, everything I could think off. All I got was a headache in the end and a dislike for the smell of the stuff!

Like everything though if you are sensitive to it I've heard it really can kick start things. I also tried every other induction method under the sun except only castor oil and nothing worked for me, so I am not a very good case study - my son was just too comfy in there! Oh and I never tried EPO either but have been finding out about it on here so will try that this time...

Thanks, Alana

I'm not so concerned about going overdue but if my BP continues to rise I'd prefer to try to encourage things to happen naturally rather than be medically induced. Hopefully if it comes to an induction my body will be ready enough at that stage to be helped along a bit with some natural methods! Just not sure if 37w is too early to be starting with the clary sage...

kerry Guest

37w isn't too early. Try combining the clary sage with some geranium. I went early so didn't even use it before labour but once I was in labour I burnt a mix of 4 drops each clary sage and geranium. I also had some mixed in a base oil... and massaged it onto my lower abdomine. I was lucky in that every time I used it my contractions intensified.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

What about acupuncture as well? Do they have certain acupuncture for BP too?
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Find out how to have a BETTER, more confident birth experience... guaranteed!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

Thanks Kerry. I'll have to try it once I get to around 37w. I have some sweet almond oil & geranium already, just have to get the clary sage sometime.

Kelly, will have to look into acupuncture. Not sure what is available around here though, being so rural and all!

Angel, I used clary sage late in my pregnancy with Noah but it really made no difference to me. Maybe you could try using the EPO capsules internally along side the clary sage, through in the accupuncture and you should be set.

The EPO can be started orally now too