Thread: Could I go to a Birth centre?

Default Could I go to a Birth centre?

Hello
    After talking to DH about having another baby, I think we will be. With Charlotte I was classed as high risk because of my C/S with Madison, but with Charlotte I got VBAC. So I was wondering now:
    1. Would I still be classed as high risk?
    2. Could I go to a birth centre?

Thank you

i am not sure.. different hospitals / birth centers will probably have different rules.. i hope that you could go to a birth centre.. that would be lovely !

oh, and congratulations for having the 3rd baby talk.. we are having it too!

I am pretty sure that it doesn't matter how many babies you've had, once you have had that c section, no matter what the reason, you are always considered high risk. Stupid isn't it. You can successfully have 5 VBAC's and your still a risk.

I think it's because for a VBAC in hospital, they like you to have the bung in your hand and ready to go. In a birth center that is considered inervention and not "normal". Just do it at home hun, then you can have everything you want to have, and none of the crap you don't need

becmc Guest

I doubt that you would be able to go to a birth centre, once you have had a c/s you are stick with that label no matter what. It sux-a vbac is just a birth.
    I am not sure what the protocol is in hospitals for women who have already had a vbac, and are then having another bub, but I doubt it would be any different from those that are having their first vbac.
    Last edited by becmc; April 21st, 2007 at 12:23 PM.

Thanks

Well that sucks, I really would like to go and do it my own way, not much intervention as both my girls were induced labours. Mayby I might have to hire a doula for support as well.

becmc Guest

We are hiring a doula this time for our vbac, and we are having a home birth.
    No intervention required here!

What a way to go Bec. I am doing the same again this time. Was great with Tehya so I figure why not. Hmm just need to let DP know

becmc Guest

Yes, I know what you mean, DH is still unsure but knows we will not get the birth we want in a hospital.
    Our doula is a trainee too(I noticed you are), she has done all the theory but just needs to attend births, she has had a vbac herself and is so supportive. I am really looking forward to the birth actually!!

That's awesome Bec. Good on you for getting the Trainee Doula too. I'm sure she will be a great support to you