Thread: Couplets - New Birth Book - Help Sought

Exclamation Couplets - New Birth Book - Help Sought

Dear Mod: Kelly has approved me posting about my new book here - ta David
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,
    This is my first post to BB but I have been a long term correspondent with BB's creator Kelly Zantey. She suggested you might be able to help me.

Some of you will know me as the Editor of Having a Great Birth in Australia and the hot off the press Men at Birth anthologies of birth stories. Well I am at it again and this time I am trying to create something even more intriguing, educational and entertaining than these two books.

Couplets will be an anthology of birth stories told by both partners involved in the same birth, but from their own perspective. This idea came about when I noticed that I received stories about the same birth for both Great Birth and Men at Birth but from different partners BUT other than the names, you wouldn't have known it was the same birth! Women and men have such different perspectives on this life-changing event. Couplets will chronicle these differences.

I would love your contribution to this new book. If you are interested in participating, please email me for the Writer's Guidelines: [email protected] or visit my website for further information: http://web.mac.com/david.vernon/

I look forward to hearing from you,

David
    Last edited by David Vernon; July 5th, 2006 at 02:07 PM.

Hi,

A quick matter of clarification. Many women who have asked for the Guidelines want to know if I am solely looking at the perceptions of birth. The answer is 'no'. I am looking at conception, pregnancy and birth. And for at least one unfortunate case, the woman and man will be writing about miscarriages and not birth at all. So, I am keen to get your views on all aspects of becoming a parent.

With best wishes,

David

This book in the making, sounds like its going to be great reading material David, Cant wait...

Im emailing you My husband and I can do it from both a m/c and a pregnancy/birth point of view. We are due very soon with our first. We'd love to help!

G'day Kate,

All the details are on my website (see below), but the deadline for stories is 30 November, so you have plenty of time. I'm also interested in the different perceptions of pregnancy too. Email me and I'll send you the Writer's Guidelines.

With best wishes,

David

Hi David, I've just emailed you

just emailed you