Thread: DH with bad cold...

Default DH with bad cold...

After being in such a hurry to have this baby, I'm now worried that it WILL come early as dh has come down with a bad cold... Does this mean that if he still has it at the birth he won't be able to cuddle our baby???? Has anyone else been in this situation?

^^Bekka^^ Guest

Donella - As long as bubs is healthy then I don't see any reason why your hubby would not be able to cuddle bubs. I think when they are prem they try to keep them away from germs etc but a full term baby has quite good imunity to these sorts of things. With my last baby I had the worst flu when I gave birth and nothing was said. I cuddled bub all the time and she never got sick.

Donella - DH had a chronic cold when I was induced. Nothing at all was said so I don't think it is too much of an issue. Good luck!

Great - thanks for all that! I just got worried as in my hospitals' admissions book they said you shouldn't allow visitors to see the baby if they're sick... #-o I'm sure if it's the daddy and it's just a cold though it's ok.