Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DH/DP trying the gas in labour!

Kirsty77 Guest

Default DH/DP trying the gas in labour!

Hey everyone

I was just having a chuckle to myself this morning as I had some flashbacks of my labour.I was in labour for a long time(23hrs) then had a c/s, but I remember having the gas.When they brought it our Corey started sucking on in when the midwife left the room.I remember giving him death stares as I wanted to use it!He then proceeded to burst out laughing and had to be taken from the delivery suite by my Mum as I got really angry with him laughing at a time like that!Just wondering how many other people's partners did that?Of all the times for him to laugh!I know how he felt though as the gas just made me feel really stoned!

If this has been posted in the wrong spot I'm sorry, you can move it....

LMAO Kirsty! My DP wanted to do the same thing but I wouldnt let him!!

I understand why he cracked up laughing though - the gas sent me into gales of laughter for the first few mins, LOL!

Custardtart Guest

My DH sneaked some gas during my labour with Christine, but I was in the bath at the time and was so out of it I didn't even notice!

Kerrie

LOL I was in the bath and Trev wanted a go. He was having a really good suck on it when I could feel a contraction coming and I had to belt him on the leg to get it back. I didn't let go of it after that!

Aaron had a go after I got my epi put in, before that there was no way I was letting go.

LOL - i can just see your mum dragging him out laughing!!!

LOL Kirsty! When I first started on the gas, the midwife left the room for a minute and DH was asking me if it was helping, what it felt like etc, so I offered it to him between contractions. He had a go and then started to panic, saying he shouldn't have done it, he wanted to be in control etc. Luckily it wore off very quickly!

My DH sucked on the gas in labour. I remember saying 'Don't you get high on me!'. He broke his back years ago and needed the pain relief sitting on a fit ball next to me.

I don't think my DH had a go at the gas, I think I tried to get him to give it a go but he wouldn't. Will have to ask him if he did or not.

Nic

LOL nic

When i was in labour i remember being so out of it from gas that i offered it to DH as well as the midwives and my obgyn. All declined but i was in an extremely sharing mood. Well that was until 2hrs later IYKWIM.

Helen

LOL Helen, that was very nice of you to share like that!

I think I scared my DH off when I started laughing when i was in the middle of a contraction and John Mellancamps "Hurt so good" came on the radio! I saw the funny side of it, DH didn't!

Nic

PMSL Helen!!! and LMAO Nic!!!

helen - i bet the OB had a great laugh about that afterwards!!! =D>

LOL... I have been taking notes here girls.... gotta keep the DH away from gas incase he floggs it LOL

I wouldn't let anyone touch it! I just layed on the bed sucking it in holding on for dear life for, oh about....2hrs! I was even sucking between contractions and the midwives didnt mind. But yep non-stop on gas for a whole 2hrs lol no wonder i fainted. But i hardly felt that much pain.

Tegan - I did that too - sucking on the gas when I was having contractions! I must've been really happy as I told DH my little 'secret' and he blurted it out in front of one of the midwives, naughty man! The midwife went and turned it down once he said that.

Nic

Debbie Lee Guest

LOL - yep... my DH had a go. The minute the midwife turned her back, he grabbed it off me and had a good suck. He said it made his chest feel all light and floaty. I just laughed. At the time, I was waiting for the epidural to kick in so I wasn't really needing it as much as I had previously.
    I think he was more disappointed than me when they packed it away once I could no longer feel my contractions!

Dp had a go, laughed his head off, then fell asleep.
    I have not forgiven him yet, it crapped me right off and my sister went beserk at him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast