Thread: Dialation

Default Dialation

Hi girls,

Just wondering... how long can you be 1cm dialated for? I went to see my OB yesterday and she did an internal and said I was 1cm dialted. She did a stretch and sweep for me to bring labour on which I dont mind.. it wasnt too bad for my first internal. Just wondering how long can you stay 1cm dialated for before labour progresses. This is my first labour/birth, however I had a natural m/c early on at 8 weeks missed m/c.....

Kelly if you are around, would love to hear your thoughts? Also any midwifes who are around also would be happy to hear your thoughts too

Bel
    xxx

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

A stretch and sweep can be quite effective, especially if you are well on the way. You could stay 1cm for two weeks - but hopefully the stretch and sweep will help. It might take a day or two, but you will likely notice something then if you do. Acupuncture has been great for the last few women I have supported.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Join us in Melbourne on Saturday April 7th!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

Thanks so much Kelly, I hope it gets things going naturally, I will be listening to my hypnobirthing CDs tonight, I have been a bit slack and not done them for a few days.. I have induction booked for night of 13th Sept, which I am hoping I wont need. They have booked this in for me due to my weight etc... however I am positively thinking my hypnobirthing and walking will help my baby go into labour naturally!! thanks for your support..

Bel
    xxx

Bel, if you can maybe beg/borrow a fit ball too? Keeps your pelvis "active" even if you are just sitting at the computer! It may help?

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Good tip Lucy, that and walking - its brilliant. Walking during contractions is the BEST thing you can do If walking stops or slows them, its not active labour, but if it makes it worse, then its good labour
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Join us in Melbourne on Saturday April 7th!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

Ohh! Thanks Lucy! I have one.. I will swap the chair for the fitball! any good tips on excerises on the ball?