Thread: Did you have a feeling you would go into labour?

Default Did you have a feeling you would go into labour?

Just for fun - wondering who "knew" they were going to go into labour the day it happened and who had no clue. If so, what made you think the day was the day.
    Reason I'm asking I don't feel like I am ever going to go into proper labour :-) and would love to hear some stories about how you just spontaneously went into labour without any prior warning :-)

When i had pains and they werent going i knew it was time. Thru my whole pg i had hardly (to none in reality) BH so i knew it must have been contractions!!

Its a bizzare feeling but exciting too......finally being able to meet bubba....

Good luck....not long to go now!!

hmm.. mine wasn't a surprise coz I had a day and half of prelabour "cleansing" on the toilet LOL. My mum was convinced that it was a sign I was going to go into labour.. and she was right!

I was the opposite! I KNEW i wasn't going to have the baby on time, i KNEW i'd go over and even when I did go into labour i KNEW it was going to be a long labour. Mum was freaking out cause after seeing the midwives and them confirming yes I was in full labour i said catch you later and went home, then went out for coffee and refused to go to the hospital. Everyone was trying to get me to go but I knew there was no need, despite having contractions about 5 mins apart all day.

i was nine days over and was booked in for induction. it had been a while since me and partner had made love so we were just getting into it and ouch first contraction came. they say if your given an induction date this usually brings on labour and it worked for me. i have 3 days to go with this baby and i think it will be another late one i hate when your date comes goes and you have to sit and wait.

gigi01 Guest

Liz - I was the same! I was almost text book in pre-labour - the cleansing of the bowels during the day on the Friday, after I'd gone for a lovely long walk. Levi's Mum - we were the same with the hanky panky that night too, which I started to think helped to bring it on.

Then I had (what I thought was) the show at around 7pm. Contractions started at 10.30pm and they were 10 mins apart and after about 4-5 of them I knew this was it! Waters broke after 30 minutes of transition phase at about 3pm on the Saturday and then they were on for young and old about 3 mins apart and excruciating. DD was (eventually!) born at 12.30am on the Sunday - her due date!

Am hoping to go into natural labour again this time, but could do with one about 20 hours less in time!!!

DUE ANZAC DAY!

I woke up at 4am with some period-like pains and figured they were contractions but I didn't get too excited (well, a bit but not too much!) as I thought perhaps I was in for a long haul. I had Caty at 11.56pm that night so kinda long labour (?) but all bearable and drug free

I had no idea. Absolutely none. My water broke at 11pm and I nearly had a heart attack. She was a few weeks early though so I really wasn't expecting it.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Nope - both happened on their own, before EDD.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Find out how to have a BETTER, more confident birth experience... guaranteed!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

Saram,
    I woke up on the morning of the 24th of March and said to my husband. I am going to have this baby today! My SIL was staying with us to support our children during oour labour. We made a chicken Laksa, went for a walk in the wind and rain and I slept for 4 hours. I woke from the sleep in the late afternoon with contractions and more of a show. She was born at 10.24pm that evening.

With my others I didn't have any "feeling" that labour would begin before contractions began and with DD#2 my membranes ruptured after EPO, sex and a curry!!!

I had no idea... in fact the day before my waters broke (which happened 1 week before EDD) the midwife told me I was going to go overdue and booked an induction for me...

Well Tracey knew I was, but I didn't LOL. She told me by midnight I'd be in labour and I was.

Percy Guest

Similar to chocolate catty - woke up on the 5th with period like pains at 2.30am that disappeared after 20 seconds but were regularly 10 minutes apart. Text book early labour in that the contractions continued all day - didn't let up - and didn't really get stronger until 5pm. Went to the hospital at 6.30pm was 3 cms dilated - even then doubnted I was going to have a baby!!! Francesca was born at 9pm that night so no I had no idea I was in labour! Well i thought I was but was terrified of crying wolf and looking like an idiot!

i woke with DH at 5.30am and couldnt get back to sleep (unlike me) and thought to my self if i go into labour today then i knew it had something to do with the 'different' nights sleep i had, anyway turned onthe tv at 6.30am, rolled over and wham, waters trickled out!!
    went on to been induced the next morning with DD been born 6.21pm that night, so 36 hours after my waters broke!!

Thanks for all the different stories of your labour, it is really interesting to see how different labour can begin. Just had the last two days with lots of period pain, back pain and some strong and regular contraction that keep phasing out - so frustrating!

I had no idea, I had an antenatal appointment with a midwife on the lunchtme 6 weeks before Maria was due where she told me that she thought Maria was going to be a big baby and to consider an elective ceasarian and at 8.30pm that night my waters broke.

With DS, I had a feeling from the beginning that he would be early. I was induced just on 37 weeks.

With DD, I had threatened pre term labour many times, and even had the steroid injections, but I just knew she would be overdue. I went to 42 weeks, spontaneous labour.