Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did you notice any specific signs right before labor ?

Default Did you notice any specific signs right before labor ?

I Know this questions has been asked a million times - but i ask again
    Did anyone notice anything specific that birth was just around the corner ?? My mum mentioned that with my sister she had a feeling something was up , that and diarrhea..
    so anyone else? any other signs ?

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

I had the runs the day it started as well but because I was still a few weeks off my due date it didn't really register that it could be labour starting....until that night when my water broke!

mizzsocial Guest

With Jake, BH contractions got more painful, and i lost my plug, and had loose bowels for about 1 day..

bad diarrhoea for a day & 1/2 during which time lost my plug. Contractions. Waters broke the next night.

Hi, I lost my mucus plug about 1 week before hand. On the mon I had tightenings all day but no pain like I had had with the braxtons. Tue I went to ob appt, bubs wasnt moving at all that day, she sent me for a trace. Wed morning went to the toilet and then my waters broke while getting back into bed. Ob was suprised to see me, I was 3weeks early. I didnt have loose bowels or anything. Best to call the hosiptal if you arent sure about feelings you are having. I was adv that when having pains if I was suddenly feeling the urge to do a pooh (to push), that I should get straight to hospital. All the best, look forward to reading the birth announcement.

Love

Hi enigma, how exciting, not long to go now!!

I was 9 days overdue when I noticed some 'twangs' around my stomach and uterus. I cant really explain how they felt, but I remember I was driving and I was getting them about every 15mins and they made me squirm in the seat! I was induced the next day and I was 1cm dilated before they applied the gel, so they must have been doing something! I never felt anything like BH contractions up until that day.

i started this thread, and now im in a position to answer my own question
    Right before labour i lost my plug and had light bleeding... right up until I gave birth oh! and i was leaking amniotic fluid , in tiny amounts .. which made me think it wasnt fluid

Must be different for everyone. I had no signs at all until I had tummy pains (contractions as it turns out) every 8 minutes. I didn't believe it was labour as I had no other signs (even though I was a day overdue). After an hour they were coming every 5 minutes and luckily DH recognised what was going on. 7 hours later DS was born.

Melanie

Same here Melanie, nothing else except, I woke in morning with period pains every 3 mins that pregressively got worse throughout the day (the whole time 3 mins apart)... I did have a slow amniotic leak too, but I already knew then that I was well on the way to real labour!!!

babybaby Guest

Red face

i knew that labour was on its way 1 because i started feeling sick and was vomiting alot. and 2 because my mother-in-law came over and the expretion on her face told me that something was gonna happen. thats all that happened to me.

dees Guest

Whilst I was pregnant I was desperate to discover signs to alert me of labour commencing. For me, I noticed my hip joints (which I had problems with ever since week 20) became even more loose, making it difficult to walk about 24 hours prior to labour. That was about it.

Ok, I bumped this up a little while ago because I was desperate for signs, lol. Before I went into labour last Monday night, I was completely over it. I mopped the floor by "walking" a wet towel over it - a relative had told me this worked for her. I did this at about 9pm. At 11 I went to go to sleep and felt some light pains, but thought they were BH. Then all of a sudden my water broke - just a trickle (I thought it may have been a show until I checked).

Also, earlier in the afternoon I had sharp pains in my lower right side ( I posted about them in 3rd tri gen discussion). I wondered if it was appendicitis, but no - just a baby

I have had a "feeling" something is going to happen for about 3 weeks, so I feel like a bit of a dill now!!!!

I have been nesting for 3 weeks and have done 3 "big shops" to keep DH and Charlie and Liv going whilst I am in hosp.....the girls at my local Coles just laugh at me.......

Am leaking HUGE amounts of CM, have had contractions that seem "a long way away" but still nothing......

I have had an "prediction" on Monday/Tuesday.........

Haha my prediction? Tuesday

This house is getting a total clean tomorrow JIC I go into labour on Monday night/Tuesday.........SIL is coming here to look after Olivia and Charlie and I am wanting it to be clean and lovely for her...........so think of me hoovering and mopping tomorrow based on your prediction Danni!

*bump*

I've never been through labour but thought i would read this JIC it does start and i don't know what i should look out for.

I've had the odd bit of dirrehea (sp?) and last night I've been getting the odd period like pain and also not felt the baby move much.

paradise lost Guest

The Thursday night i had so much CM leaking out i actually thought my waters had gone. But it stopped after an hour or so. I also had tightenings which made me say "oh" although i can't say they were painful, just somehow stronger BH. The Friday i was in daycare monitoring at the hospital and mentioned it. THey checked and no leak and no real contractions. That night i had an action replay except my waters DID break, at 3am, and my mild contractions got stronger and more painful. Bubs came 6.20pm on Saturday.

Hana

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast