Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It didn't worry him at all! heehee

Cool It didn't worry him at all! heehee

Today I'm not feeling very well, so while DD1 was napping, DH took DS and DD2 grocery shopping.

I decided to watch "Knocked up" cos I love that movie, haven't seen it in a while.

DS walked in at the moment she was in the hospital having the baby. He just sat there - eyes glued to the screen - and was asking questions, but didn't seem at all worried about what he was watching in front of him. I think the main thing he was worried about was what the baby was covered in after she had her.. LOL

But as for the crowning part, he didn't flinch, he didn't look away and he didn't make a comment.

Kids are surprising ay?

thats awesome! maybe he'll want to watch as you have number 4!

thats cool
    My kids are always surprising me

DS happened upon some pics of a baby's head emerging from its mother in a book I was reading. All he said was: That's the baby's mummy.

Aww soo cool!
    DS1 has watched some birthing vids with me! We watched the live stream one he was so amazed!
    Maybe he will be your mini doula for number 4 lol

DD was the same, she watched an episode of 'one born every minute' with me (the one that started with the nice water birth). She took it all in her stride but then was extremely worried about the c-section! Seems they have an inbuilt sense that birth is completely normal

aw thats so nice

will the kids be there during the homebirth?

ps: go Craig on taking the 2 shopping!!!

My DS attended my DD's birth. It didn't worry him at all.

Aw your stories are just lovely. Everytime I 'hear' things like this it makes the idea of having DS at our next baby's birth more appealing.

I was watching some birth vids on youtube and DD came over and was like is that bubby's head, is that mummy's fanny lol.

That's so great - I think children take a lot more in their stride when they're little. S told me today that the baby would come out of my mouth I told him no, it would be out of my bottom, but a special place just for babies to come out. I imagine we'll have to go into greater detail once it starts becoming 'real' to him (ie I get enormous).

Hope you're feeling better today.

DD1 loved watching births on yourtube with me. She knows all about how a baby is born (both vaginally & c/s) and she's absolutely amazed by it. She'll tell everyone how Ambah was born as well (which can be a tad bit embarrasing at times! lol)

when i was getting mine ready for my HB they watched some births and again it was the gunk that was on the baby that worried them no the birth! How graphic is that movie?? Ive never seen it (will go back and crawl under that rock now ))

Whoops forgot about this thread!!

Tegam, its uh.. not THAT graphic, but it doesn't hold anything back.. I'd never seen a baby crowning until I had seen that.. and I saw it on the big screen at the cinema and omg.. too much information!! LOL

And for whoever had asked, no the kids wont' be there - unless I end up with a homebirth down here. If I move, then they'll be at my IL's.

when will you know if you are moving?

that would be doing my head in!

Now how can one nest if there is no nest??

Well hopefully we will find out in December when the offers come out. But since thats when the first round of offers are given, he may not be offered one until second round - which I believe is in January?

So yeah, its all up in the air at the moment.

oh gee i had no idea you would have to wait that long? How far along are you? If you move, if there is anything i can do, just let me know!

Thanks Tegam thats lovely of you

I'm 16 weeks along now (I think, I keep forgetting cos I took down my ticker.. LOL)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast