Thread: DTD and labour.......

Default DTD and labour.......

Just wondering how many of you that already have a baby, DTD and went into labour within 24hrs?

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

I have done that with Elijah but I was already in early labour - it sped things up - lost the whole show and cranked it up some notches.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

It didn't happen for us we DTD heaps the week I was due & Matilda pulled out of my cervix and went from being half-way engaged to nothing... We continued everyother night after that and nope...nothing happened.

It worked with DS3 DTD two nights before EDD then again the next morning, was have mild contractions then waters broke at 11.45pm that night and had him on EDD. Didn' work with DS2, DTD every day leading up to EDD, he was 7 days late. Also had DS1 on EDD which I wasn't expecting.

Well, I did with Erin but even though it worked that time, I've always sort of wondered if it did make any difference, or if I was just ready to go anyway IYKWIM? because it started so quickly after DTD. Maybe the key is to climax and get the vaginal contractions happening?

DoulaFelicity Guest

We had sex a couple of times whilst waiting for Aiden's arrival, but it didn't do anything. It was fun, though.

The reason having sex has the possibility of helping labour begin is because semen contains prostaglandins (which is what the Hospital uses in the gel they apply to the cervix if using gel induction techniques). As with any form of induction, this will only help if the cervix is already ripe - essentially, if labour is ready to begin anyway. Similarly, orgasm can stimulate uterine contractions, but only if labour is already imminent.

Felicity, thanks for explaining the reason for having sex, , I was going to ask if it was due to the man's semen or having an orgasm that helped bring labour on, but I was to embarrassed to ask. 8-[

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

http://www.bellybelly.com.au/article...uction-methods

You can read a bit on it here, but I reckon there's no harm in trying anyway
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Janet Guest

Many people think swallowing the prostaglandins has a stronger effect. You'll have to negotiate that with your partner