Thread: Encouraging a friend to try a VBA2C - anyone with personal experience?

Default Encouraging a friend to try a VBA2C - anyone with personal experience?

So I have a friend who had an emergency caesar with her first baby due to foetal distress after a 'failed' induction (age 5), an elective caesar with her 2nd (2 in Feb) and she is currently TTC her 3rd. She is interested in having a VBA2C after finding out from me that just because you have one or two caesars doesnt mean every birth after has to be one too. The only issue she has is that she's had back surgery before her 2nd baby soooo perhaps that coupled with having 2 caesars would put an induction out of the question? She's happy to go overdue a couple of weeks if it helps her acheive her VBAC.

I was wondering if anyone has any personal experience in having a VBAC or VBA2C and would like to share their story and thoughts on it.

I am encouraging her to atleast have a go at a VBAC, worse case scenario she ends up with a caesar again, atleast she tried to get what she wanted.

Thanks for your help!

I am going for VBAC2 and have a back issue so although I have not had one yet I am in the same boat as your friend.
    The first step is finding medical staff that will support her decision, I'm lucky enough to live in Newcastle where the director of Obstetrics is very supportive and encouraging toward VBAC's.
    I was told I would not be induced synthetically ie my waters may be broken if needed but no drips or gel/pessaries will be given because the risk of scar rupture is higher with artificial induction techniques.
    I am going to a VBAC class tomorrow at the hospital and I am happy to report back with info if you require it
    Melissa

That would be great Melissa thanks!

Anna sorry for taking so long to get back to you. I didn't really learn too much more in the class just that I'll be monitored during labour, that VBAC mum's can go overdue and that there is no synthetic inductions.
    Sorry I could not be more help
    Melissa