Thread: Engaging

Default Engaging

I had a feeling bub had engaged from all the pressure i have been getting over the last few days. My midwife confirmed this on Friday. Today i felt bub drop even more, so i'm guessing he's engaged a bit more now. This has come as a bit of a shock since i'm only 32 weeks and it's my second. Is this any indication i'll go early?

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Second babies do engage earlier as it's more stretched and spacey than it was for your first bub. You may find he unengages and engages every now and again or stays put but it's not often a sign that labour is imminent.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Gee Tegan. I hope you make it to your wedding!! I'm sure you'll be fine!

Hey Tegan.

Lachlan was engaged from 29wks and never disengaged, but he wasn't born till after 38wks when I had to be induced. So definitely no indication that bubs will be early.

Love

Zander engaged at 28wks and stayed there until I had him at 41wks.

Ah phew, my bub is 4/5 engaged but I want it to hang in there for another 2.5 weeks at least - until then I haven't got any family here to look after Lucie while I have this bub! I was getting a bit anxious that engaging = imminent birth too.

Jenna popped in and out for me quite alot. For me early engagement would just equal immense discomfort!
    I hope bubs goes easy on you Tegan.