Thread: Evening Primrose to induce labour

Default Evening Primrose to induce labour

Can anyone share experiences of taking EP capsules (either swallowing or inserting)? I'm thinking of getting some tomorrow and just want to see which method people think is better and if it is actually likely to make a difference. (I'm 38 weeks now)

Sorry can't help you , but just wanted to say good luck sweety.xx O

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Donella, EPO contains a substance like prostaglandins, so it can help soften the cervix, but wont 'induce' you so to speak like other methods of natural induction. It's apparently very good though and you can do both oral and internally at the same time.

If you get to 40 weeks, another successful method of natural induction is accupuncture, also accupressure.

Is there a particular reason you want to hurry things along?
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Kelly, I don't want to "hurry" too much, but I am getting increasingly uncomfortable in my pelvic region... I can only walk or stand for about 15 mins at a time and feel as though I'm bruised and battered down there. I have no meadical reason for wanting to speed things up though, just the discomfort (and a bit of impatience I guess!!)

Thanks for the info.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Awww you poor chook, it does get so uncomfortable right at the end! Just wanted to make sure there wasn't a medical condition so I wasn't giving advice that would be unsafe

If it becomes unbarable, perhaps you could ask your doctor for a brace? They can be quite supportive. Some women also find spending some time on all fours can help with pressure / lower back pain.

Wont be long - hang in there!!!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

My physio has given me some tubigrip which I wear as a belt when I walk... this does help but I find it too tight to wear for long periods. ](*,)

I did EPO, 3000mg I think it was inserted into vag, or swallowed. They say its best if you insert it before bed and wear a pad. I don't really know if it did anything for me or not but I think from when I started to when I went into labour was about a week or 2 and I went 3 days over.

My cervix was good though, so they said and I got to 2 cms before labour.

*hugs*
    Cailin

My friend religiously had accupuncture every day from about 40 weeks and was still 2 weeks late. I really think that when it comes down to it, bub will come when ready!!