Thread: 'False' labour

Exclamation 'False' labour

Ok ladies,
    Now i am a little worried. I went into 'false' labour on Monday and now i am stressing that i will go really early. Is there anything i can do to stop me from going into labour at home? I dont want to have this baby yet im only 28 weeks My mum says to get ventolin...

I think Lots of rest is the most important thing. Don't over do it.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

I wouldnt worry yourself over it - have had two clients, one of whom had the exact same thing at a similar week as you and she went a week over. Another client was even hospitalised for three weeks and has drugs regularly to stop the labour and I think she's now 36 weeks. So it doesn't mean you will go early, even on your due date Don't need any unnecessary stress - and if you do get into labour early, there are things they can do.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Oh thanks Kelly, Thats what i needed to hear. I am resting and stuff now, i just dont want that to happen again it was scary!
    Thanks FJ too, and Isla is so gorgeous! I cant beleive she is 3 weeks already!

im not sure how to find a happy medium between wanting to get stuff done, wanting to induce labour naturally and resting? How much is too much?
    I cant seem to sleep more than 2-4 hours at night and so am trying to exhaust myself to help me sleep. All it does is give me restless legs, and restless everything.
    Does doing alot bring on labour?
    I know this question probably seems dumb and down to each individual....but??
    Scorpiomum.... were you doing anything especially hectic I hope all is ok now and you are able to rest.Take care of yourself. Pamper pamper pamper.
    Gill
    xoox

No Gill i wasnt doing anything different, i actually did less that day than i have done through the whole pregnancy! Go figure! I am pampering myself, just went out and spent $50 on new clothes too! Go me!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Gill, try taking some In-Liven which the girls chat about in the Health section - some have found great help with sleep issues.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

scorpiomum- u go girl.... i bought my first "real" maternity clothes last week at 34 weeks... and i felt a million dollars.
    so now u can sit around and look pretty....
    thanks Kelly, where is the health section? my brain mush has a short attention span and i cant find...

oh look at that my brain didnt melt today, i found it all by myself....

scorpiomum - my mum went into labour at 27w with my brother, (1989) they gave her ventolin, my brother stuck and mum ended up being induced 2 weeks over. Little buggar got comfy after that!!

you baby boy stays for a while longer, i wouldnt wish a nicu/scn nursery stay upon anyone, its much nicer to have a "take-home" baby!!

Good luck, and take it easy