Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Father Inlaw @ Birth???

I love my FIL dearly, and he is in his lates 60's and not attended either of his three children's birth. But I just wouldn't feel comfortable, it's a personal experience which I really only want to share with DH. But you know what is best for you and your relationship with DH & the in laws.

Actually that's a good point - how would your DH feel about having his father there? Some blokes might find this a bit much!

Hubby is really easy going, he basically said it's all up to you to make sure your comfortable.
    I have decided to discuss with his Mum and Dad and see how his father feels about it first, but i have pretty much decided i DON'T want him to see my girly bits!!! I might have him at my end (if i feel comfortable) so that way he still see's the baby comming out but not looking at my Vagy bit!!! I am going to decide on the day with what ifeel comfortable.
    I will probably have the mums and SIL inthere and that does not faze me at all!!!! Girls are fine, but the only guy at that end can only be DH.
    With the girls it doesn't worry me as i am a Div 2 nurse , used to nakey bits and doesn't worry me plus i have had a huge operation after my 2 births and had to stand naked infront of many physicians so what the heck!!!!
    But fathers and brothers there are some things they just shouldn't see!! What do you think

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

I think you need to make a decsion based on what YOU think It might sound difficult now, but listen to your heart
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12